cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not clear what channels I’m being offered

machineghost
Rising star

my new contract has a list of channel packages that are not described on the web…Virgin calls them stupid things like ‘Oomph’ and Maxit but my contract says this…

entertainment essentials

entertainment drama

entertainment lifestyle

etc

any idea how to decode the contract

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM's TV services fundamentally come at 2 tiers - Freeview equivalent "Mixit" & top-tier "Maxit". The Oomph, Volt and other bundle names you mention, are marketers talk for a bundle of services that includes TV, broadband & telephony. The TV elements will either be Maxit or Mixit.

If you have the basic Mixit, you can add "personal picks" which are all the channels in a particular genre - entertainment, drama etc.

Look at the chart & links on the bottom of https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide for a channel breakdown.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM's TV services fundamentally come at 2 tiers - Freeview equivalent "Mixit" & top-tier "Maxit". The Oomph, Volt and other bundle names you mention, are marketers talk for a bundle of services that includes TV, broadband & telephony. The TV elements will either be Maxit or Mixit.

If you have the basic Mixit, you can add "personal picks" which are all the channels in a particular genre - entertainment, drama etc.

Look at the chart & links on the bottom of https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide for a channel breakdown.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you very much the chart is helpful but the contract doesn’t use full house, mixit, maxit, player, categories and so not quite sure what my contract is signing me up for

Hi @machineghost,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

It sounds like you're referring to our Stream box and service. You can find more information on this, including what content and channels are offered, here.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!