cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not answering phone calls,,!

GaryCookson69
Joining in

I have been trying to contact virgin for5 days now been on hold over an hour each time,very very annoying.

Cant use live chat as wattsapp notcompatible with my device..

Really what is going on its 2022 not 1990!
I really need to speak about reducing my bill in these hard times I could do without all the stress.

Not good enough Virgin AT ALL.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @GaryCookson69

VM along with other firms generally prioritise phone calls over other methods of communication, especially when busy.

The ideal time to call is around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

There is also the text messaging sevice on 0753 305 1809, however please be aware that replies aren't instant from this service, although the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can. Probably a few hours.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @GaryCookson69

VM along with other firms generally prioritise phone calls over other methods of communication, especially when busy.

The ideal time to call is around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

There is also the text messaging sevice on 0753 305 1809, however please be aware that replies aren't instant from this service, although the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can. Probably a few hours.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GaryCookson69, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're unhappy with not being able to get through to our Customer Relations teams. As the fantastic newapollo has advised, the best time to call is as close to 8:00am as conveniently possible to you.  There are also alternative contact options here.  However, as you've voiced dissatisfaction, I would like to take a closer look on your behalf and raise the issue as a concern.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

So there you have it!  VM could use modern resource planning approaches to ensure that call centre capacity matches customer needs, as many well run companies do.  Or they can organise for their own convenience, and customers need to phone at a time that suits the company.  

Surely, if everyone gets told to phone in at 8.00am, then that will become the busiest time of the day to call in? Or am I missing something?

BoogieSean
Joining in

Virgin is not the same company who they was when I joined them over 17 years ago.  They are doing the same to me as they are with a lot of other customers which is basically not answering the phone when you ring to say you want to leave.  They have also sent me an email thanking me for changing my package and are changing my bill to pay more.  I will wait for that to happen and then go to by bank to tell them about an un-authorise payment from my account.  I will then be cancelling my direct debit with Virgin and will not be ringing them but wait for them to contact me.  I have proof that they are not answering the phones and are taking money from my account which I have not authorise.  My advice to anyone else who are having problems with Virgin, look somewhere else, you will find far better deals with other providers.

Hi BoogieSean,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are trying to leave us however have been unable to get through when calling, you also advised you have received a letter around making changes, this can happen if you have started the process of taking your phone number to another provider, as the phone is removed this changes the package you are on.

So I can help further and make sure the disconnection you are requesting is put in place I will be sending you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Well SKY have now advised me that because Virgin has blocked me taking my original phone number they have to now cancel my order and then replace a new order which I'm now doing. So thank you Virgin for doing that.  It now means that I will not be going over to Sky on the 5th May due to your team.  With the new order to Sky it will now mean that I will be having a new landline number.  I am not too worried about that, as I'm prepared to do anything to get as far away from Virgin as possible.