cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to change contact number in account details

Tim-M
Joining in

I have an old contact telephone number in my account details and your system is not allowing me to change it. I have an engineer booked to solve a broadband fault for Saturday morning and need to change the number so that I can be contacted if needed.

3 REPLIES 3

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there Tim-M, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

When you say the system is not allowing you to change this, is this via your online account here or, when speaking with our team?

What error messages are you seeing when you are trying to change the details?

Let us know so we can assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I am trying to change my phone number on my account settings on the "account details" of the virgin media account details web page.

I go to the edit contact number section of this and type in a replacement number and hit save. The system then tells me "Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again". No matter how many times I try to save the message is still the same. The old number is no longer valid.

Hope that this is clear

Many thanks

Tim

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tim-M, 

Thank you for confirming the error message you are receiving and apologies for any inconvenience. 

We will be able to update this for you from here but we will just need to take a few more details. 

I will pop a private message over to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now and we can go from there 🙂 

Speak soon, 

Nat