cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a customer but being charged

Damji
Tuning in

Sorry I don't know where to post this subject:

I spoke to a Virgin media Agent around 2 months ago to get an idea of what deals we could get with Virgin Media broadband, he made an account for me, we let him know we are just interested in shopping around for the moment just to get an idea of deal, he then mentioned that if we sign up and change our mind before the delivery date of the router then we can cancel the deal. 

I rang up a few days later to tell him we were not interested in the deal and he cancelled it. We then received an alarming email 2 weeks later saying that there will be a delivery from Virgin media, we rang him up again to tell him and he assured me that he cancelled it and this is just the virgin media procedure and the correct thing to do is tell them to send it back. 

I now have virgin media sending me email about bill payments. As far am I am aware, I am not a customer. I have now tried speaking to the help line multiple times with them ending conversations and not helping at all. I am stuck on what to do and the email states that if we do not pay they will add late payment charges. What makes this worse is when I try to log in to Virgin Media, it says this email address does not exist.

6 REPLIES 6

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Damji, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

When you rang us to cancel the account, did you call the sales person directly or did you call our retentions team? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult... 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Definitely as above - this is a criminal matter - the desperate people responsible for these 'sales' have no appreciation of the implications and possible consequences of their behaviour.

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Damji 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you onto our community forum. 

Sorry for the inconvenienced this has caused ☹.

So we can investigate further, I will be private messaging you.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I called the sales agent, he mentioned over the phone that if we want to cancel to just ring him and he will sort this out. As previously stated he also created the account on his side for me. 

Thank you, I have just replied to the message