Menu
Jonjaninja
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

'Not Eligible for Ultimate Oomph bundle'

Hi all, 

I recieved an email this morning stating that my ultimate oomph bundle was going to be downgraded to a maxit TV bundle due to checks being run and me not being eligible.

I previously had issues where I did not have the SIM card sent out, which was never resolved and I never got an answer to why I didn't receive it, so I'm guessing this is related to my account being downgraded.

I would ideally rather keep the bundle as I'm happy with the broadband speeds and TV, but if this isn't resolved, I feel like I have little option but to go elsewhere as this seems very much like a breach of contract on virgin's front

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'Not Eligible for Ultimate Oomph bundle'

Who was the email from - what was the "from" line?

Are you able to post a copy of that email - with any identifiable details removed?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jonjaninja
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

• Hi, the email is from care@virginmedia.co.uk

The email is:

Your Oomph bundle has changed

Hello,

We’ve been doing some checks and spotted you’re not eligible for an Oomph bundle. We’ve now made some changes to sort this for you.

What’s changing?
We’ve changed your bundle to Maxit TV which starts from 15/07/2021 at a cost of £74.00 per month. The broadband speed boost you had as part of your Oomph bundle has been removed. Your new broadband speed is 352Mbps.

We have applied a credit to your account to ensure you’re paying the right amount.
If you've any questions about this change or don’t think it should have happened, please give us a call on 0345 454 1111

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That seems genuine. Wait for others more qualified than myself (staff included) to comment, but breaking the UO down into its constituent parts - there's nothing on the TV or phone side that I would imagine causes an issue.

Potentially the broadband - others are more qualified to comment - but I know some of the higher speeds are area-dependent, and this refers to the speed boost being removed.

Cost-wise, £74 is about the right ball-park for Maxit TV with extras, broadband, landline & mobile - if anything, a little on the low-side. Some alarm bells are ringing with regards to mobile, but I can't put my finger on them right now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Jonjaninja
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The price is lower due to my friend being a virgin engineer and sorting out friend's rates for the package. 
Thanks for your help anyway! Hopefully get an answer from staff soon!

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonjaninja,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear there's been an issue with your recent package order to upgrade to the Oomph Bundle. We don't usually assist with package change requests from here, but I can certainly take a look into your account for you to shed some light on why there was an issue.

I've popped you over a PM so I can take some account details, please do take a look when you get the chance.

Thanks!

Beth

0 Kudos
Jonjaninja
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Beth,

The issue is more that I've been on the Oomph bundle for about a year already rather than an issue upgrading to it! I just had an email stating I was being downgraded from the package seemingly the same day I was informed

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

At the risk of stepping on the staff's toes here (hope they don't mind), but in an attempt to work out what may have happened...

@Jonjaninja  - do you have any indication of how your "downgraded" bundle differs from the package you were on, or are expecting to be on? Has a service been removed? Or a TV tier been dropped, say?

Obviously please keep anything identifiable, to PM's between yourself and VM staff - they can be identified from their username that will have "Forum team" next to it.

0 Kudos