cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non supply of service

boriss
Joining in

We have been a customer of virgin and its previous owners for 23 years we are now moving to a bungalow due to health reasons ..

We are moving in the same postal district which has virgin cabling going past the front path .We had to phone over 4 times over a month to try and change our service  to the new address .Eventually someone phoned us back to say they could not supply service even though the neighbour's had it as the cable run was too long  and too expensive for them to put in .We offered  to pay still no .I asked to keep email address which is very important to us. The answer was no even if we access this remotely without a broadband package we cant keep it.

We have been loyal customers of billion pound company this seems to count for nothing.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @boriss 

Wishing you all the best on your upcoming home move.

Sorry to see that you won't be able to take VM with you to your new bungalow.

A member of the Forum Team might be able to pick this up for you and review/double check the situation and see if they can arrange anything else, but if it's due to cost effectiveness then chances are slim to none.

When cancelling you’ll have access to your Virgin Media Mail account for 90 days, before VM close it. This should be enough time to save any contacts, emails and files.Along with a lot of other ISP's  Virgin require an active subscription to their services for you to continue using their email service.

When you cancel If I were you I would start updating all my current email contacts to a new email account. You can get a free one from say google or outlook or yahoo. That way you aren't dependent upon free ISP email accounts and can use these other email accounts with any other provider.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re your email addresses see https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/I-would-like-to-keep-my-email-address/m-p/4896809 and start planning a migration to web based services now. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @boriss,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your home move.

Can you please tell me what it says on your postcode checker

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The post code checker which our code is SE20DY [MOD EDIT: House number removed from public view] Woolwich road London yes service is available to most property's in this road including our neighbour but you wont supply to us even if we pay for the cable run  .Which is ludicrous. the bungalow lies 50ft from main road and cable and their is easy access to front garden and if cable needs to go on fence no problem. The question you asked about the post code checker why dont you look it up no it doesn't include this bungalow why I dont know .It seems to me you can provide service but just dont want to as the property is slightly off the road isn't going the extra mile in customer service doesn't seem to be in the virgin dictionary . 

If I was Muhamad  Ali would you refuse me service i think not

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I apologise you feel that way. 

I can confirm that we're unable to provide services to your new property. The information provided by the team you have spoken with when calling would have been the correct team. 

Cheers, 

RYan