Menu
Sacell
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No surge protector - storm damaged box and tv

A recent storm has caused a surge along the coaxial cable destroying the router. V6 box, and anything on the HDMI and CAT 5 chain including 2 computers, 2 tvs, the SkyQ box and a PS4.

How do I initiate a claim against Virgin media for not supplying a surge protector?  Note, Virgin have come out to replace their equipment and have now fitted one.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No surge protector - storm damaged box and tv

Hi Sacell

Thanks for posting. So sorry to hear that you have had damage to your belongings due to the storm. 

I will pop you over a private message so I can look in to this further for you. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Many thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
paultechy
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

just wondering is the ethernet cable melted?, since wondering if cause was due to power supply rather than via coax

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sacell
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet was fine.  Everything was on surge protectors (none of which tripped).  Anything connected to the router died 😞

0 Kudos
madebykjv
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I belive the back of my silver electrical surge protect is damage, i can see that the silver foil it is inflated, what does this mean, all my TV hdmi ports have stoped working and virgin V6 box was the only one connected to the tv. Does this look damaged and had the surge protecter failed? As we had a lighting storm in Hertfordshire/Stevenage 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi madebykjv,

Thanks for posting, 

I'm sorry to hear there's an issue with your TV box, I've sent you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you to help with this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos