Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No speed upgrade options available

Hi all,

Been with VM for 11 years now. Current package is 200M. If I search my postcode when not logged into the VM site I see a 500M option, but within my account I don't get any upgrade options at all.

I have been "hassled" with VM sales calls in the past and I've declined all the offers (asking me to sign up to TV when I don't watch it). So am I now stuck on 200M?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No speed upgrade options available

Hi gilesjuk,

I'm afraid you need to bite the bullet. Grab a six pack and some nibbles and contact the regrades team if there are no options showing in your account.  They have the systems to check what's available and then you can negotiate a new deal with them. You don't have to take TV and/or phone with the speed increase, however adding a phone often works out cheaper even if you don't use it.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No speed upgrade options available

Almost certainly not stuck with 200, but because of VM's wanton refusal to allow customers to manage their accounts online, you'll have to phone in.  Since they're making it difficult, make the most of the time you'll have to invest and choose options for "about my account" and "thinking of cancelling", and tell the retentions agent that you're minded to take whatever the best BT offer is on Uswitch (look it up beforehand), because although you like the speeds of VM, you find that the speed/price balance is very poor.  See what they say.  They'll blather on about how they offer the best speeds, listen without engaging too much, if the first offer is only two or three quid a month off, ask 'em "surely you can do better than that?".  You might get a discount offer, then say "that sounds a bit better, but still £000 more than BT over the next 18 months of the contract, if you can do that price on 500 Mbps then have we've got a deal?"

Keep it all polite and friendly, and don't accept an offer you don't like the sound of, nor any bundled content that you won't use - it just complicates things.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks