Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No response to request to cancel recent upgrade of TV package

On 9 Oct 2020 I was telephone-sold a 'bigger bundle plus sports and movies contract. Finding that my disabled wife could no longer enjoy movies unless they had large subtitles I tried to cancel by email on Tuesday 13th Oct and got no response, with the extra movies still offered on screen. I noticed on the reverse of the contract that cancellations could be made by mailing to a specified address and I sent a copy of the contract clearly marked 'Wish to cancel contract and return to previous level of service' together with my email address, asking Virgin to contact me to confirm receipt. I have had no reply so far ( 29 October). My account number is [removed] Area 31 contract number [removed Contract date Tuesday 13 October.  Please can someone help?  I have spent a lot of time trying to phone, without success. I am particularly anxious to cancel the  upgrade before the price of my services almost doubles on 13 April.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No response to request to cancel recent upgrade of TV package

if you upgraded on the 9th you are now out of the 14 day cooling-off time so you'll be in a new minimum term contract.
To downgrade now may cost you a large early disconnection fee

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you weren't able to cancel your package upgrade @Bradscopegems. We actually don't have an email address for our customer services team, so if an email was sent to us this wouldn't have been picked up, unless you had been told to send this to a specific agent, the cancel wouldn't have been picked up and processed as normal.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

On the back of the contract which I received was text under the heading Got a query with your contract or wish to cancel?  The text included that as an

alternative to phoning 'please print this contract form and write CANCEL across the front and send it to Virgin Media , Winnal Down, Alresford Road, Winchester, Hampshire SO21 1FP. I did this, well within the 14 day  period and I added a note that I did not want to cancel the service entirely, but merely to return to the same service as I had beofre the upgrade.  I also asked the recipient to send me an email to confirm receipt and gave my email address.

Why have I received not even the courtesy of a reply? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry @Bradscopegems, I have looked into your account again and cannot see that we have received any letters from you to cancel this, when was the letter sent to us?  

Unfortunately we aren't able to change any packages from this team. Please could you send a text message to our team on 0753 305 1809 and we can look into this further for you. Please be aware that this isn't an instant response service but the team will be with you as quickly as possible.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dear Steven L.,

On the 13th October I received an email from webteam@virginmedia.com entitled 'Thank you for making these changes' with my new contract as an attachment. At the foot of this email was the injunction 'Do not reply to this email' and underneath that were three ikons, one of which was a picture of a megaphone with the words 'Contact Us' in blue underneath.  I Clicked on this blue link and it opened an email panel addressed to webteam@virginmedia.com.  Since this address is different from the one at the head of the email  I assumed that it was an email address through which it was possible to contact virgin with my urgent request to have my contract set back to its original state. Are you telling me that if I use a link saying 'Contact Us'  which opens an email window it is just inviting me to write to a dead address?

If you really do not have an email address for your customer services team how can I contact a specific agent to deal with my wish to cancel?  I am

a 24/7 carer for my wife, who suffers from MS and needs attention because she is largely paralyzed and losing her vision, so I have to be able to go to her and sort out paramedical problems at frequent intervals during the day and night. I do not have hours when I can hang on to the phone, hoping for a reply from Virgin to a phone call. I tried this, and never succeeded in getting through.  So email is my only option.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for this. I will send a text to the number you have given me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I apologise that your email contact hasn't been received by us. We don't have a general email address that we give out but some emails that we send out may have an address to contact us, we just don't have one for general customer services. 

That is on me, I could have asked you that earlier in the conversation did you do this in a form or was it send directly to an email address? If it was an email address, please could you send me the address in a private message and I can look into this further as to why you haven't got a response.

In the meantime, I hope that the text team can get this looked into further for you, please let me know how it goes.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dear Steven L.

I followed your advice and sent a text a week ago to the number you gave with all my details and a history of my attempts to cancel the unwanted upgrade during the 14 day cooloff period by email and by sending a letter by first class mail.  So far, no acknowledgement and no response whatever.

Bradscopegems

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good morning @Bradscopegems 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I would like to take a look further into this for you, in order to do so I am going to drop you a PM. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M