Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No refund and no response

I am writing on this forum as this is my last attempt at trying to get a refund that of £93.31 that has been owned to me since I Cancelled my subscription in April 2020.

I initially had to contact 3 different people on 3 different occasions using the online “message me” as I couldn’t speak to anyone on person due to the COVID situation only to be told on each occasion that a cheque would be posted by a certain date but it never did.

After the last date that still no cheque was issued I contacted a customer service representative by telephone on 8th September and after a very long time waiting for an advisor I was put on hold for a while only to be told that I needed to email mobileandresidentialrefunds@virginmedia.co.uk and explain my situation in full and I would receive a reply / resolution within 3 days which I did on the same day.

It has now been 2 weeks and I am not totally surprised that no cheque had been sent or that anyone has even bothered to acknowledge or respond to my email, I am just angered by the ignorance of it all.

I then received any email asking how I found my experience with my last customer service contact which I answered honestly and took the opportunity to tell them why that was, this was on 11th September and no one has contacted me about this either.

I feel as though I have exhausted all the avenues and options available within Virgin Media to resolve a situation that Virgin themselves say is an automatic process that doesn’t involve you chasing them all the time.

My only option now as no-one has responded to me in 8 weeks is to take my complaint to Ofcom.

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No refund and no response

if it has been more than 8 weeks you can to contact CISAS. Ofcom do not deal with individual complaints and cant help you.

If not you need to follow the complaints procedure listed here https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/J3085_Code_of_Pract...

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the info, can’t seem to get even a response from anyone never mind a resolution so will contact then next.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi garymcity,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums, Sorry to hear that no cheque has been issued. We can have a look into this for you, has your address changed or are you still at the same address? 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for replying.

• I still have the address my account is registered under which is 
  • [MOD EDIT: Removed]
  • but I have been living at my partners address [MOD EDIT: Removed] which is why I cancelled.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi garymcity,

Thanks for replying. I'll send you a PM to get your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos