cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No promised "great Black Friday deals"

Cardiffman282
Super solver

I wonder if it is just me (and it often is to be fair). 

On visiting the My Virgin Media web page I get the following exciting splash this morning:

Screenshot_20231106-075823.png

 but there is no Black Friday deal to be seen (let alone grabbed).

Am I doing something wrong? Is VM?

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Cardiffman282, 

Thanks for coming back to us here in the Community. 

We don't have any control over any offers or promotions so that's not something I can answer I'm afraid. 

It could be that when the systems does further checks, you have a special discount already on the account which would mean you could lose that by accepting the new discount. 

Chatting to the team on the number's I gave above would be best. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Super solver

The press release that's just come out suggests it is for new customers only and effective from 7 November.

The pop up says upgrade though which surely targets existing customers? 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cardiffman282, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing any deals or promotions through your My VM. 

We're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget. If you want to chat with us, please feel free to call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or pop us a message on WhatsApp on 07305327112. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours but it allows you to get on with your day whilst waiting for a reply.

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me Kath but the pop up I had this morning pointed to a 20% discount on upgrades and a button to secure said discount but no such discount appeared. Why is this please? Thank you. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here

Hi Cardiffman282, 

Thanks for coming back to us here in the Community. 

We don't have any control over any offers or promotions so that's not something I can answer I'm afraid. 

It could be that when the systems does further checks, you have a special discount already on the account which would mean you could lose that by accepting the new discount. 

Chatting to the team on the number's I gave above would be best. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Bear in mind that a discount of any sort will very likely mean a new fixed contract of 18 or 24 months, and new contracts now build in April price increases.  So you could even be worse off. Do the sums first.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.