Menu
Sickn0te
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No phoneline

I'm the son of an 81 year old virgin account holder, I wanted to upgrade her account to include broadband. 

My mum could not remember her password on the account, so I decided to change provider. 

I started an account with plus net, they were due to install on the 5th of Jan, the linesman had a problem with a cable broken underground.  The virgin landlines was disconnected on the 6th checking the virgin media site says the home address still has an account with you. 

The last chance I gave them was on Monday the 11th, to fix this fault. I have since cancelled the instalation.

This has left us with no land line and the only way to contact virgin is by Mobil phone (not really an option)  I wish to change the account holder and get broadband. The address previously had broadband, so self setup is preferable. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phoneline

Hi Sickn0te, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the delay in replying, we have been busier than usual. 

This isn't usually something we'd be able to do from here as it requires a package change and we will need to speak to both the old and new account holder to confirm the details. 

If you still need help with this then please reply to the personal message I'm send going to send now and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Sickn0te

Thank you for your most recent Private Message, I was sorry to understand that you're still having issues with the landline. Currently @Emma_C and @Beth_G are out of the office so I'll be more than happy to take a closer look for you. 

I can confirm that the number you wanted to bring back is all active with us and should be working with no  issues - we have checked the telephone exchange and no errors are showing. 

Can you elaborate what issues your Mum is having with the line? Is there a dial tone when you lift the handset? What happens when someone calls the number? 

Please do let me know so we can best assist you further. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello @Sickn0te

I have just received your private message - again, I am sorry that you seem to still be having some issues with the landline. We have checked the account and the telephone exchange again today and there are no issues listed from here - all should be working ok. 

If you can advise what issues you're having with it, that will help us diagnose the issue so we can get things resolved for you. 

Can you elaborate what issues your Mum is having with the line? Is there a dial tone when you lift the handset? What happens when someone calls the number? 

Please do let me know so we can best assist you further. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for popping back - I can see you have sent your reply via Private Message rather than via the thread. 

Appreciate you advising what the issue is at home - sorry that you don't have any dial tone currently. When you advise it's connected to the VM box, can you advise what you mean? Is the handset plugged into the telephone socket on the wall?

Have you been able to test another handset at all for us? 

Pop back to this thread when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Sickn0te
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok my sister just tried a different phone, same problem no dial tone

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that Sickn0te, do you have more than one phone socket in the property? If so, would you be able to try both handsets in the different sockets please?

This will help us determine if it is a problem with that particular socket or the line in general.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Sickn0te
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have 3 boxes one is an old by box one is Comcast and the 3rd is the VM box, I have tried the other 2 boxes but it's still the same with no dial tone.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the confusion Sickn0te, I was referring to the phone sockets that may be located on the walls in various rooms of the property. From what you have advised, do you plug the landline directly into the Hub?

Is there anything here https://virg.in/phonefault that may help?

Rob

0 Kudos