cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notification of Price Increase 2023

novolizer
Tuning in

I've noticed my recent direct debit payment has gone up by 30% and I received no notification of the price increase, just that my direct debit was due. I've had no email or letter to say whether this was due to the annual inflation increase or otherwise. No documents in the My Virgin Media account online that suggest a change to the contract nor have my customer discounts expired. 

Could someone help clarify why my price has gone up without any communication?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi novolizer,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, Every customer will receive an individual price rise specific to them. If you wish to discuss your increase further, you can reach us by calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

As a business, we are not immune to rising costs, primarily due to wider economic changes from rising inflation. With rising customer usage, we’re continuing to invest in our network and services to meet customer demand, as well as innovating and improving network performance and reliability to ensure our broadband service continues to deliver the fastest widely available speeds in the UK.

Regards

Paul.

That copy paste reply doesn't explain why the OP wasn't notified.

Thanks Paul for your reply, but it doesn't really answer my question. I want to know why the price has risen considering my discounts don't seem to have run out. If it is due the the yearly RPI rise etc, then are you able to check whether I have been notified of this, as I would then have a right to cancel the services as per my contract? I haven't been given that opportunity so far.

Thanks

Hey @novolizer,

There will be a Right To Cancel for all impacted customers, who can choose to cancel their contract within 30 days from receipt of their communication. Customers will not incur early disconnection fees if requesting their cancellation within this 30 day period.

Customers will start to receive letters and emails from 26 January 2023.  The letter will contain the information our customers need about exiting their contract and the final date they have to contact us to cancel.

Cheers. Joe

This is the crux of the issue Joseph, I've had a price rise implemented without notification. I have received no letter. Customer services insist an email was sent but can't provide the date this was sent on, nor any other proof of posting a letter as you described. Are you able to access my account and double check whether this is true?

Hi novolizer, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. Everyone affected by the price rise would have had a notification either via email or via post between January and 26th March. It would depend on what contact preference you have. 

We're not able to see the exact dates that the communication was sent out and as the price rise took affect either 1st April or 1st May, the right to cancel periods would have ended by now too so we're no longer able to see the dates you would have been able to cancel to work it out. 

We do bill in advance though so depending on when your price increase was, you would have seen the increase on your bill from March or April. 

We can only apologise if you've missed this notification but we're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget - this doesn't always mean a downgrade! If you want to chat with us, please feel free to call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or pop us a message on WhatsApp on 07305327112. You can also view other contact options here.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs