Menu
Ted17
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No new contract and termination looming

I cancelled my contract mid-May and was given a termination date of 17 June.  I subsequently agreed a new contract on 22 May when one of VM's representatives called me but I haven't received a contract.

I called VM on 2 June and on 6 June.  On both occasions I was told that the team was unable to send my contract but that the person with whom I'd agreed the contract would call me within 48 hours.  I haven't received a call yet.  On Tuesday I received an email from VM confirming my termination.  I've raised a complaint but not acknowledgement yet.

Home schooling and working from home means broadband is really important at the moment and I'm getting desperate. Just in case this doesn't get resolved I've entered into a new contract with BT (which I can cancel under the cooling off period)  but at the moment I have little confidence this is going to get fixed.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No new contract and termination looming

HI Ted17, I am sorry to hear about the experience which you have had with us and we want you to get this resolved. Can you contact our text messaging team on 07533 051 809. They will access your account and get this looked into for you. ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Ted17
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So far I've called VM six times, sent a text message and raised a complaint hoping that someone will take notice.  It seems no-one can find the contract I was offered yet everyone promises to call back (and doesn't).  

I don't really want to leave VM.  I like the phone and broadband and was happy with the price before my contract ended and the costs shot up.  Based on the last three weeks' experience I now have zero confidence this is going to get sorted so it looks like BT here I come. 

Really, really disappointed with VM.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Really disappointing to hear this Ted17 and clearly not the level of service we aim to provide. Unfortunately we aren't able to make any changes to packages via the forums.

Have you had any contact in regards to the complaint? Do you have the reference? 

Rob

0 Kudos
Ted17
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rob,

No response to the complaint.  I don't have the reference but I know it was raised on 11 June around 2pm

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ted17.

I have managed to locate the complaint. A letter has been sent out to you today in regards to this so you should receive that within the next few days.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Ted17
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Melissa.  I received an email yesterday explaining that my complaint had been looked into and saying 'We world request you to get on touch with our team on the below mentioned number so that the team can work out a better deal with you before the disconnection takes effect'.

Unfortunately no number was given on the email to contact so I contacted VM on the 07533 text number.  After 24 messages VM told me that they couldn't help me and offered to transfer me to Retentions.

So - after calling VM seven times, using text messages three times, raising a complaint and posting on this board I still cannot find anyone at VM who can help me.  

I give up, VM has beaten me. I guess there's a good reason why VM can't find the contract they offered me in mid-May, or why someone from Retentions couldn't contact me again to discuss options.  I've tried all methods of communication, I've explained my position numerous times, I've waited by the phone for promised calls - I've done my best to remain a VM customer but I've failed.  

0 Kudos
heavysoul
Up to speed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wow ... that's shocking service. I've been a customer for 26/27 years. My current contract expires 10th July and I'm dreading putting that call into retentions. It's bad enough during normal times ...

I hope you manage to get this sorted to your satisfaction ASAP.
0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The email should definitely have had a contact number showing on there, I am sorry it didn't and you've struggled to get through to someone to help.

I can see you've been in touch again regarding the complaint so someone will be in touch with you again about this, and look to investigate further. If you remain unhappy with the resolution we provide, then you can follow the complaints process here.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos