Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No loyalty for loyal customers?

I can't actually believe the conversations I have had with virgin media recently. 

It seems to me that virgin media have no interest in keeping loyal customers

I fail to understand how virgin as a company an treat 2 customers who have been with them for over 20 years and over 5 years respectively. 

Upon having various complaint phonecalls about poor customer services due to trying to find out why charges for international calls have been put on a bill for a household of 2 people who have never made such a call.. the customer services attitides left these customers (my parents) to book talk talk to come out for an install. 

Well over 20years they have been paying virgin and a few simple complaints could have been dealt with properly and fairly and they would have had customers for another 20.. 

The price rises when your out of the contracts are disgusting across the industry as a whole, but virgin have found a way to alienate their current customers if they call to try and sign up again. 

The retentions team will NOT offer you a better or comparitive rate for your services than any competitors or (more importantly) new customers to virgin. 

I have just been offered a service renewal the same of which is offered on the website.. but for me.. a customer of around 6 or so years.. i have to pay much more. 

Sky dont do that. They offer their existing customers a comparative deal to new customers in order to keep their loyal customers (i was present during a friends call to renew with them). 

I am discussed if this is virgins business model, to feed on those customers who when out of contract either dont realise to call up over renewal.. or even the ones that do (as they simply offer them tereible retention deals worse than other customers). 

Im starting to think this is a customer by customer basis or rather sales re by sales rep basis. 

I am more than likely changing to sky due to this, I have made a complaint and even their complaints process and key personnel are not interested in keeping loyal customers. 

My advice to anyone would be to move to sky, as they do attempt to keep their customers. Even tho i personally think virgins internet is better, I prefer a company that VALUES its repeat customers instead of EXPLOITING them. 

Safe to say my parents have all but left virgin and I am due to follow pending an answer to my questions and complaints. 

If anyone here at virgin would like to shed light on this exploitation of loyal customers and your retentions teams unwillingness to offer anything even close to comparative deals to be loyal and stay? 

Any answers? Has anyone had similar experiences?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No loyalty for loyal customers?

The market is changing now, as it was only recently that Sky & other competitors did the same as Virgin. This was a situation not helped by the telecom regulator, as part of their remit was to prove competition in the market was working by having a healthy figure of people “switching” providers. Hence the big discounts only available to new customers.

As of February next year ALL providers will now have to:

1) Tell you in advance when you minimum contract runs out.

2) Offer you comparative new deals at the point your contract runs out. Also customers classed as “vulnerable” will have discounts applied automatically if they do not respond to any new offers made.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No loyalty for loyal customers?

From next year all they need to do is tell you when your contract is due to run out. And inform you of how much it will be going up, what similar packages are like (ie an upgrade) - they do not have to offer you the new customer deal - but only tell you what it would be.

If you think Sky match new customer deals (for everyone) your mistaken, and I know of people who have also been given good sky deals, but others where they refused to match the new customer deals recently. Always check small print - sky say they reserve the right to increase prices even during their contracts.

0 Kudos