Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No internet, no phone and working from home help!

Having a bit of a major issue at the moment.

About 6 weeks ago, I had an email about my contract for boardband and phone was coming to an end middle of November.

I started the process of negotiating a new price. Couldn't really get anywhere so started the process to leave so I could speak to the second tier retentions. All went well when I received a call and was starting to get somewhere. I was given a weekend to think about the offer, and they tried to call me back on the Monday. Unfortunately I couldn't take the call at the time, but they tried again another day, but again I was already on another call and could take it.  

Cut a long story short, Sunday 8th November I woke and found my services had been cut off. Panicking as I was working from home, I called up spoke to a lady who reinstated my broadband, but said an engineer would need to be sent out to sort the phone line. the price was much higher as I had lost my discounts, but she arranged a follow up call to get a better deal. The call never happens so I phoned up Saturday 14th and negotiated a new contract, which included a speed increase from m200 to m500.

That's where the trouble has started, as the week before my internet had been reinstated remotely withing 10 mins, I was told my new speed would come within 24hrs,but most likely within 30mins. 24hrs came by, and no speed increase. I waited until Monday to call back. Was told something hadn't been done right, but they had now sorted the problem, and would be all sorted in 24hrs. Waited, but no speed increase and still no phone.

Called back on the Tuesday, was told the system indicated it would be complete that day, so wait another 24 hrs and all should be sorted. 

On Wednesday still no speed increase, and still no phone. Called up, got passed to 3 different departments, one telling me it was a sales issue, then the sales person was quite rude and said if I had an account then i shouldn't have been sent through to her, then finally another lady told me there needed to be a reconnection. She then assure me, 100% that all would be sorted in 24hrs and definitely within 48hrs. So I waited until Friday, still no speed increase or phone. I called up again, told this time there looks like there was an issue, they went off to their manager who then assured me my speed increase would be withing the hour, and the phone would be within 24hrs. They said as it was a reconnection within 30 days, it can be done remotely and wouldn't need an engineer.

Saturday came, still no speed increase, still no phone line. Spoke to 3 different people, and finally someone who seemed to know what they were doing. The said no one had correctly raised a reconnection order. He couldn't even work out how I even had an internet connection, as the system said I was disconnected. He correctly raised a reconnection, was told it would be 24hrs. He even said there were no notes from the original lady who reinstated my internet, and wasnt sure how she could have even done it without a proper reconnection. The problem I now have is I have no internet, no phone line and I'm working from home.

Obviously I started the cancellation process, and the time lapsed without realising, but how can so many people say they have sorted the problem, and it has been sorted. I have spent the best part of 8 hours on hold over the last week to get everything sorted, and now I have no internet and no phone, even my online account now says I have no services. Last Saturday when I organised my new price, my account correctly said I was on the m500 package.

Please can someone shed some light and when and how I can get my services back

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet, no phone and working from home help!

I don't suppose anyone could offer any insight as to why I now don't have any internet or broadband?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tim bradley21,

I have checked remotley and can see all your services look fine, what issues are you having? 

Thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

So sorry for the delayed reply.

Yes everything finally managed to get corrected after 2 weeks of incorrect help from the telephone staff.

I now have another issue though.

I am being over charged for my new contract!

I was assured that the new contract would go through at a higher amount initially, then drop to the new agreed amount.

Just had an email saying payment will be taken, for the new higher amount!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Timbradley21,

Thank you for coming back to us and confirming that everything is now up and running. It sounds like there may have been an issue applying the necessary discount or rolling credit, I'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

We'll need to clear account security in order to discuss any relevant financial details, so I'll send you a private message now to collect the necessary information. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for joining me for a private message. I'm really pleased that we've been able to address your billing concerns. As I said, if you have any further trouble with this, please do fire over another private message.

Other than that, feel free to stick around on our forums to help out where you can or learn a bit more about the services you already have. Our community members are full to the brim with technical knowhow and they don't often bite!

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos