cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No hope on a deal

Knobby007
Tuning in

Just phoned virgin spoke to Alex. About trying to get a new deal as my contract is up it’s nearly doubled in price.
Got no where asked to have sky sports taken off to get price cheaper. so I can sort out a deal with sky. 
he said it would put me in a new contract having channels removed

is this right ??

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your package price is nearly doubling, that suggests you have almost a 50% discount on the standard pricing, that's good going.

Your other question depends entirely on the specific combination of services you have. But if you've called VM just asking for a cheaper price, I'm not surprised you didn't get anywhere. You've mentioned "sorting a deal" with Sky - rather than threaten this, do your research into what prices you can expect from any other supplier for the services you have - then call VM armed with those facts & figures.

You at least know what price you are seeking, but more importantly the retentions agent now knows you are serious about potentially cancelling. The outcome is likely to be much better for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks