Menu
mb88
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No email confirming cancellation for contract? New bill sent out also.

Last week I phoned up to cancel my virgin media contract as the contract ends this month and I am moving property. I was told on the phone that my last bill would be around £16.

I have still to receive an email confirming the cancellation and have also been emailed to say my next bill will be £45 (the price it was due to increase to after my 12 months special offer ran out).

What is going on here? I do not want to call them back up and spend another £8 on my phone bill.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No email confirming cancellation for contract? New bill sent out also.

Hi mb88,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry regarding the confusion on your last bill when cancelling, we understand your concerns regarding this matter.

If you have placed your cancellation order with us, a new bill may be produced before your cancellation date, this is why you have received an email advising you you next bill will be £45. Once your cancellation order goes through you will be presented with a final bill which will give you the exact amount that you owe us and have to pay.

If you have not received you email to confirm your cancellation, can we ask if you have checked you spam emails as sometimes it may fall in this folder.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
mb88
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. The email is not in my junk folder either. I haven’t received any texts either to confirm.

I hope it has went through and I will not be signed up to a new contract at £45 a month!!

Also, I have sent the hub back but since I no longer have the keys to the premises, I can’t attach the termination cap. Will this be an issue?

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us mb88,

We can certainly check to make sure that you cancellation order has gone through for you from here, and also check about the termination cap for you.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos