Menu
Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 71 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: No customer loyalty

It doesn’t make sense at all does it. 
the same new customers usually move on too. Like you said there is no justification at all where as sky will do whatever they can to retain existing customers 

Jameswilson17
On our wavelength
Message 72 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: No customer loyalty

Lee_R thanks for the message and I guess you and your colleagues have to do a lot of apologising looking at the fact this thread is 8 pages long and the many other threads on the same issue within this section of the forum.

I just wish VM would show loyalty towards their existing customer base and offer them deals at fair prices rather than the ludicrous ‘full prices’ that come at the end of any offer period (my price will go up 55% at the end of my current offer).  

I mentioned Sky in my previous post but BT are another company keen on retention as one of my family members has just renewed their broadband with them as they had an offer to renew their current deal for a further two years and they were happy with the deal so have done and again, happy customer. 

In these days of high churn, retention is as valuable as new business so if the difference between new customer deals and existing customer deals is either the same or similar, then I’m sure no one would mind.  It’s when they are so extreme that customers get annoyed as per my previous example when you are expecting me, as an existing customer, to pay 33% higher than a new customer for exactly the same service.  Surely existing customers are cheaper to give new deals to also as it’s just a few clicks on a computer as they already have all the CPE etc whereas a new customer needs CPE and installation.

Thanks again Lee_R for the details and I’ll be giving VM a call shortly to discuss my options and see whether you can give me deal to extend my stay with VM broadband beyond my current (unlucky for some) 13 years loyalty!
0 Kudos