Menu
Highlighted
Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 47
Flag for a moderator

No customer loyalty

I noticed today that my bill has increased over the last 6 mo this as my contract had expired. My fault I should really keep things in check.

anyway I called up and was quickly offered a discount of £3 a month 🤦🏻‍♂️. When I said new customers are being offered the same package for £32 but I was quickly reminded that I’m not a new customer (been with virgin since NTL) amd passed over to cancellations who offered me a discount of £2. Anyway the call lasted about 2 minutes and again reminded I’m not a new customer and my services will cease on the 9th February. Well thank you so much for recognising customer loyalty I’m too scared to even work out how much I’ve spent over the years with VM. So thank you for nothing Virgin.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 47
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No customer loyalty

Welcome to most of the utility industry. this is how it works not just for VM but most companies, insurance, banks etc all offer a good rate for new customers as an intro offer. The regulator even encourages it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 47
Flag for a moderator

It’s ridiculous I’ve decided to cancel and will take a new offer by the partner opening a new account. Existing account is mine nothing to say My partner can’t open an account 

0 Kudos
tiredofurshyt
Tuning in
Message 4 of 47
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

they're a bunch of psychopathic vile scum over at the customer service centres, they couldn't give less of a **bleep** about their customers because they know that they have the best broadband and the rest of them are just as bad.

It's ridiculous that there is no justice, but that's the world we live in and we have to just accept it.

They will definitely suffer for their disregard for customer satisfaction one day.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ash5896,
Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you are unhappy with the offers available to you as an existing customer. 
New customer's will always have an introductory offer, just like you would have had when you first joined. Any offers past this are available to all customers. 
The good thing is we can take a look at your account to see if we are giving you the best price possible Smiley Happy
Give the teams a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and let us know how the call goes. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I ha r done this but they are not interested. Offering me a £3 discount but a new customer is going to pay £16 less not really fair. I never received no welcome discount when I joined many years ago. Like I said if VM can’t be bothered with loyalty then why should I

0 Kudos
teabag
Community elder
Message 7 of 47
Flag for a moderator

@Ash5896 wrote:

I ha r done this but they are not interested. Offering me a £3 discount but a new customer is going to pay £16 less not really fair. I never received no welcome discount when I joined many years ago. Like I said if VM can’t be bothered with loyalty then why should I

I've been a customer for sometime now (see below) under their different owners, new customer discounts weren't about then - so I also never had one either.

So 25 years and also have a grand 49p reduction from full price for what Virgin call as being loyal.

My stay with Virgin is because no-one else can offer the service I want, not because I think I'm being loyal to Virgin.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only x2. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I can appreciate that and thankfully I’ve got options with other providers too. At the moment im Looking around and it really is so unfair how old customers are treated.

0 Kudos
skintin
Tuning in
Message 9 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Like many of the people on this board, I have been with this cable provider for over 20 years,(Telewest customer). I was so upset when I spoke to there customer service advisor. The man was virtually shouting at my down the phone(loudspeaker on phone) when i decided that i had had enough of this unequal situation. Loyalty has now disappeared with this company. I currently pay £123.00 for there full house service and noticed that they were offering a deal for £79. I tried to get this deal and they immediately dropped my package to £99. When i said i wanted the £79 price and mentioned the length of time and prompt payments, the man said i got my loyalty bonus when i joined VM. That was 20+ years ago.

Another thing that i have found wrong with this, is in previous years, once i questioned the price. They have shifted me onto cheaper plans without cancelling my account and services. In fact they have done this on 3 occasions.

I have cancelled my services which was the top package, made some enquiries to sky live chat and they were offering me virtually the same package minus the top speed on broadband, but there top speed for £66 for 18 months. plus they will pay my final bill from VM upto £100

Just so disappointed in VM after all these years, let down by customer service and the way the man spoke to my wife. So lets do the maths

So lets say my initial start up was £79 multiply that by say 10 years which is 79 x 120 months = £9480 (rough calculation)

Then lets say my bill increased by £5 every year after that for 10 years till the present day. 

year 11 £1008

year 12 £1068

year 13 £1128

year 14 £1188

year 15 £1248

year 16 £1308

year 17 £1368

year 18 £1428

year 19 £1488

So VM as you can see with the rough maths, that you have had quite a bit of cash out of me. However, this looks like it is about to stop with the cancellation of my account. So for the pleasure of using your services, which i have paid handsomely over the years it looks like we are about to have a conscious uncoupling for the sake of giving me a deal that is cheaper.

Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 47
Flag for a moderator

that’s realy bad if an advisor speaks to you in that manner. I would put a very strong complaint in.

like yourself if I total up what I have been paying over the years my costs would be similar to yours.

what I found the most annoying is that despite being out of contract they never let me know I apprecite that’s down to me and I should keep a record of dates etc. Saying that my experience with other companies has been them call you back and offer you something similar or better. On a brighter note for myself I had a call this morning and I’ve been offered the new customer package with the welcome discounts bringing my price down to even less than what I was paying before.

you May get a call back offering you the price your looking for. I’m quite surprised that it was yesterday I cancelled and I got a call giving me the new customer deal so for me it’s been a positive outcome. 

0 Kudos