cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No confirmation of cancelled services

petemedia101
Joining in

I have cancelled my fibre broadband tonight to end on the 23rd Feb and was told I would get a text and email. I have not received anything? @petemedia101

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

That's normal even if they do process the cancellation, as per VM's usual standards of service (I'm in the same boat as you here).  Hopefully they've accepted and processed the cancellation instruction.

Of course, it's always possible that they'll not process it since like all VM processes, cancellation seems to be poorly administrated and incompetently managed, in which case you'll need to use VM's complaints process followed by Ombudsman Services to get the matter resolved, any refund, and reasonable compensation paid.  Don't cancel the direct debit, because even if you're in the right, it's better to pay too much and then resolve the matter rather than have your credit history spoiled and have another complexity to try and get them to fix.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi petemedia101, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you will be leaving us and that you were advised you would get a text/email that you have not received. 

We would not usually send confirmation of the cancellation on the day of the request but you will receive further information during your notice period. 

You can also check your online account here for details. 

Please let us know if you have any questions. 

Thanks, 

Nat