cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No chat bot discount confirmation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

More of a VM housekeeping issue but I did the price rise discount bot thing on Saturday afternoon (via Angel Bot no less) and was assured I would get emailed confirmation of my discount winging its way angelicly to me within around 48 hours. Well, at time of posting, I make it five days so far.

I have the transcript which I suppose fulfills a similar purpose but I do still expect that email that Angel Bot promised to send me.

And, yes, spam/junk have been rummaged through.

Thank you. 

Screenshot_20230202-191138.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for coming back to us.

I will send you a PM now to assist further with this

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Anonymous 

One of the Forum VIP's agreed to the discount and he is still waiting for the email.

The following is just a guesswork on my behalf but there's possibly a delay due to the discounts having to be input manually.

This might also be tied in with agents having to manually add the Sky Sports UHD for those that didn't order over the phone.

I saw an earlier post from a staff member too where they said additional people had been placed on the phones for regrades/cancellations, so it's possible there are less back office teams  for processing manual account changes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your your post @Anonymous.

Our team will do all they can to have this completed for you as soon as they possibly can. 

Do please keep us updated as to when this arrives. 

If you're still awaiting an E-Mail by Monday, we'll take a closer look into this for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, here we are. Dawn has broken on a milky, salmony sky in Cardiff. There's a sprinkling of frost and the dawn chorus is still holding its own against the surging rumble of the rush hour traffic. 

The one thing that is still missing, sadly, albeit not entirely unexpectedly, is emailed confirmation of my bot-processed price hike discount. 

That's nine days to date, if VM are keeping careful and vigilant tabs on this, as opposed to the promised two. 

Can the VM forum team now have a little look in to it for me please? 

Much obliged. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

So for a frosty fortnight
We had the sunlight with us on the lake,
And the moon with us when the sun was down.

What we did not have with us, after a full fortnight, and when the seasons are beginning to brush down their mutual curtsies and "how do you dos", is the promised email confirmation of the bot-facilitated price hike discount from VM. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again Cardiffman281,

I can see that our team has been in contact via PM, have they advised a timeframe of when the email would be sent?

Regards,

Kain

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya Kain,

Thanks for your reply.

In an ideal world, free from all war, pestilence and plague, all interactions with customers would be tracked on a central CRM database.  There we are. 

I have had no PMs regarding this. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Right okay, thanks for the response. 

Just to gain a further understanding on this certain matter as I can see other threads for different queries.

Was this recently when a new contract was offered? Also what was the price of the package meant to be after this conversation?

Regards,

Kain

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for coming back to me. 

The key bit of the bot thread follows but basically it's an agreement for an anti-price hike discount of £6 for six months with no new contract.

Screenshot_20230211-150900.png

The thread finishes off with an undertaking that I would receive emailed confirmation within two days of the thread (see start of thread).

We are now a fortnight on. 

Ta. 

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for coming back to us.

I will send you a PM now to assist further with this

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill