Menu
BrohanMcBroface
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No callback, can't contact anyone

I was on hold for an hour on Tuesday night with broadband issues - finally got through to someone who couldn't fix it but said their manager will call me back on Wednesday...

It's Friday now and I'm still waiting.

Can't get through to anyone, no chat or email options working - does anyone from Virgin even read the forums? This is the only place the website keeps directing me to.

Hello?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
KenMarinaris
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: No callback, can't contact anyone

They dont bother at all. Best option is leaving them.

0 Kudos
BrohanMcBroface
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

They've ignored me so long my cooling off period is now over, so it will probably cost me a fortune to leave an 18 month contract with 17 months remaining. Nice one!

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @BrohanMcBroface 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issue with your broadband services. 

I can see that you have spoken with one of the team over the phone since your post. Are you able to let me know if they have been able to assist you with your issue?  

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
BrohanMcBroface
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak_M, thanks for getting in touch. I have spoken to a few agents by now but none are particularly helpful.

The latest one said he would send a replacement super hub, although I doubt that will fix it as general feedback on the super hub's wifi performance in these forums, as well as 3rd party reviews on other sites, are not great so I don't think I just got a faulty unit - seems more like they're just a sub-par piece of kit.

Can you tell me what the wifi range on this device is meant to be? I've said elsewhere in here that I measured the distance from my router right up to where my laptop, TV & Fire Stick are located and it's only 18ft away, yet your phone agents keep just telling me to move closer to the router (and turn it off & on, of course). 18ft is a pathetic range to try telling me I'm too far away.

I've also asked elsewhere what the 'remote access' option is for in the hub settings - can you explain please? One of your agents logged in and changed all the router settings while I was on a call, and she could see all the names and details of connected devices even though the remote access option is disabled. This is concerning as an apparent safety feature doesn't seem to be doing its job.

I will try the new router and report back if it is as rubbish as the first one - I just haven't had the time or patience to set it up yet.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Have you since received the new Hub? 

If so, how is the connection since the Hub was replaced? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
BrohanMcBroface
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily_G - I have set up the new router now and tried connecting all my devices again. I'm monitoring for disconnects and blackouts now so can't say if it's better overall yet.

There are two devices that will not connect to the new router at all (Chromecast and Lenovo Smart Clock) - they can see the network but I think it's too weak to make a connection. I've tried with just the 2G signal active, and just 5G, and both but they will not work. Both of these were able to connect to the old router (intermittently) so that's one thing that seems to be even worse this time. These are both in the bedroom directly above where the router sits downstairs (I have a very small house so nothing is that far from the router).

I've rebooted everything and done factory resets on the devices but the wifi signal from the hub still seems to be an issue.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello BrohanMcBroface

That's good to know its helped getting a new hub 

Can you have a look at this app please 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
BrohanMcBroface
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth_L - I wouldn't say it's helped exactly. Two devices that worked on the old one now don't connect to the new one, and everything else is pretty much the same so far.

I've got that app and I don't really know what the point of it is - it says my signal strength is "Great!" in every room, but it's clearly not. The router's own diagnostic tool says every device has a weak signal and needs to be moved closer.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying BrohanMcBroface

We do supply Pods that can help distribute weak signals 

These are £3 a month 

But right now we have very limited stock 

You could also look at Modem mode for the Hub and purchase a 3rd party router