cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No call back from Virgin when line drops on a call

Suzy0407
Joining in

I have tried to contact Virgin to resolve an account issue all day as they were taking £305 from my account tomorrow ! . I managed to get through after nearly an hour and had to be transferred to another department. Once connected the call handler confirmed my phone number incase we were disconnected. I went through the issue and they placed me on hold while they looked into it .. While I was on hold this happened but no call back after half hour so I called back and got through to some one else so I started again .. they also confirmed a call back if it happened .. I went through the issue again and was again placed on hold .. 10 mins in the line disconnected. 
I have managed to speak to someone through the chat bot system who has confirmed they have cancelled the bill for tomorrow but I am concerned that it says already taken .. I need to speak to someone but I am reluctant to call again as I do not have time to keep going over the same issue and being cut off. How to I get someone to contact me please ?? 

4 REPLIES 4

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Suzy0407,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your bill looked into, I am sorry this has been causing some frustration and anxiety 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Can you just confirm what the Billing Team stated when you rang them last? 

Were they able to explain what the bill was for? 

Have you recently asked to disconnect your services or has your contract come to an end? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

No I have not requested for my account to be disconnected. I have spoke to numerous people since my post and been told so many different things and everyone I have spoken to has confirmed they have fixed the account and stopped the disconnection. Looking at my account this does not appear to have been fixed. I have spent over 7 hours trying to get through and speaking to various people and have been advised someone will call me back to let me know it is all sorted. Un-Surprising I am still waiting 2 weeks later!  I have also got a complaint logged but I am not holding out much hope for that to be addressed either .. this was logged 5th October! 
the only time I will hear from anyone at Virgin to sort this out will be on the 1st November when the direct debit can not be taken as I have stopped this as I can not trust you to take the correct amount. 
If my services are effected and I receive no communication by the apparent disconnection date in November you can arrange a collection of your equipment as I certainly will not be staying with a supplier with such appalling customer services 

many Thanks 

cje85
Trouble shooter

@Suzy0407 wrote:

Hi Megan,

the only time I will hear from anyone at Virgin to sort this out will be on the 1st November when the direct debit can not be taken as I have stopped this as I can not trust you to take the correct amount. 

Cancelling the direct debit is the worst thing you can do. Virgin won't contact you, they will just pass the matter on to  debt collectors and your credit history will be trashed.

Hi @Suzy0407,

Thank you for expanding on the situation. As @cje85 has also mentioned, we'd strongly recommend that you don't cancel your Direct Debit as this can cause further complications.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look at what's going on. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!