Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No account number

How do I find my account number? I have never had a welcome pack or any paper/electronic bills, only a letter confirming direct debit set up.

Im writting this on my moms behalf. Broadband is on her name. If she needed something she would call a costumer service and give them a security password and her phone number. Now we want to do upgrade our internet speed online but we cant register on a website.

What should we do now? 

Any help welcomed

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No account number

Thank you for your post Alanek and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if your mother receives her bills through email or through paper billing? 

Are you aware of any email address she would use for this if so? As you may find your bills with the account number here.

Let us know, Emily.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you need the account number and the direct debit comes from your account just look on your bank statement. It will be there to identify the direct debit so you can check the payments as they are made. You need the first nine numbers. Additional digits can be added by the process but they aren't part of the VM number. .

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thats the thing she doesnt remember since it was done in 2015. We dont receive anything on paper. She never registerd on a website or anything. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us.

Have you been able to find the account number by the means that @HowardML suggested?

You can also contact the team by text messaging or online chat, you will need to answer further security questions but don't need to be able to confirm the account number as long as you can pass data protection.

To contact the team, please send a message to our team on 0753 305 1809 or via our messaging service on this link https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/make-a-complaint and clicking the link titled ‘message us your issue', which will take you into a live chat with the team, who can look into this further for you. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I do hope my advice was clear, but I'll repeat it to make sure.

Stop running around.

If you need the account number and the account is paid by direct debit, each monthly payment out of the account will have the account number next to it.

It may be longer the the usual nine digits, if so just ignore the digits after the 9th.

It is quite hard to believe that neither of you are using on line banking or getting bank statements.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there sorry I didnt reply to you and thank you for your reply.

Ive checked her bank account and there is no direct debit for Virgin Media. Which is wired because I found a letter saing that the direct debit has been set. Maybe it was a old letter dont know.

I can see that she pays every month but there is nothing on that statment only here details and a amount she has paid.

She never cared about it and now it drives me crazy to sort everything out escpecially with everything that is happening now.

Thank you and stay stafe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Then how is the account being paid? VM will accept monthly payments by cash/vouchers taken to a paypoint, or credit/debit card over the phone. All of which would require knowledge of the account number. If you have a letter saying a DD has been set up then that should have the account number on it too. It just must. That is how the DD system works. You get a confirmation letter back which includes the account number.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'll have a look at it again at this maybe I missed something.

Thank you

0 Kudos