Menu
th833
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Sky Sports HD channels added?

I ordered the £70 a month M200 and bigger sport / maxit TV package. 

On the sales page it said - "All Sky Sports channels and BT Sport in 4K"

Am I the only one thinking Sky Sports would at least come in HD/4K? I am still in the 14 day cooling off period. Our internet, TV and phone went down for 14 hours yesterday before eventually being fixed. I am considering cancelling the virgin media service. 

I looked at my TV guide and realised all the Sky Sports are in SD. Called Virgin and they want £7 a month(!) to put me on HD when I had assumed they would be in 4k, let alone HD.

Anyone else had this issue and what can be done? The website is very misleading and I am on the verge of cancelling at this stage. 

Tags (6)
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Sky Sports HD channels added?

It says all sky sports channels and bt sport in 4k, you don't get sky sports in HD on thst package as standard, only the ultimate Oomph gets SSHD as standard

0 Kudos
th833
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks JB66, I have been told this now but when I ordered over the phone after looking at the package online it looked misleadingly like Sky Sports was in 4k as well.

It should say "all Sky Sports channels in SD and BT Sport in 4K"

Am I wrong? Otherwise it can be easily construed to be 4K for both, I am pretty sure I asked over the phone for HD sky sports and BT and assumed that was what I had ordered.

£7 for HD seems insane when NOWTV only charge £3
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your not wrong, sales always muddy the water. Sky gave VM a poor deal for SS, you pay through the nose for SkySports youd think HD is standard. Personally your probably better off on the ultimate oomph if you can make use of the Sim if you want sky sports in HD
0 Kudos
Cbflazaro
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

my missus just fell for this scam as well.. gotta queue another hour on the line to sort it now

"ALL SKY SPORTS CHANNELS" should be all. not half

and why do we still have SD channels in 2021? i mean really?... looks like 360p youtube. 

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi cbflazro, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on the Community.

I am sorry to hear you did not receive the HD channels as expected.

Were you able to speak to the team about having the HD added or SD channels removed? 

If not, please let me know and I will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos