Menu
RSR0208
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Internet since 13th Dec 2020 till 18th January 2021 Customer not even replied

Dear Customer ,

Today being the 18th January 2021 a temporary fix has been put outside my house to give me internet access.  As you will be able to see from my previous correspondence this has been going on since the 13th December 2020.  The frustration is so much that is now beyond words.

If you could please take the time to read below the transcripts from my previous online chats…as it is nearly impossible to speak with someone… you can determine my non service and no attempt from Virgin to come up with a solution…and a compensation for the fact I had not internet or when I had was poor or intermittent.

On Saturday, I called the retentions team, and upon having to explain the whole situation, the chap on the phone suggested that this needed to be handled by his Manager and asked me to hold…we were already on the phone for 30 minutes…he asked me not to hang up whilst he discusses with his Manager…so I waited…waited …waited…after one hour waiting with no updates I hang up. Total  on the phone one hour and thirty minutes…. Surely you can verify as call are recorded ??  Surprise  Surprise no one called me back….

Obviously I can provide photographic and video evidence on issues above.

I find very disappointing that to date no one has come back to me with a solution , a temporary fix etc…  It had to be me…self diagnose and book engineers through the APP and when talking to the engineers confirm to me what I had already suspected that had happened. I must say that all engineers on the have been very professional, friendly and helpful. Especially , Paul Rushbrooke who managed to get a temporary fix whilst a new cabe is planned to be installed.

If you could contact me would be great.

Yours sincerely,

Ricardo Santa Rita

Sent: 06 January 2021 22:03
To: lutz.schueler@virginmedia.co.uk; ODR@virginmedia.co.uk
Cc: cisas@cedr.com; complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Subject: Complaint about Virgin Media services / Broadband

Dear Sirs,

The reason as to why I am emailing to you, is there is not an available email address that I can email in customer services etc. the online submission form does not allow you to write the case / complaint in details or attach files or photos.

Broadband Reference: Date Raised: 24th December 2020 at 12:23 Account number or phone number:[removed] When it happened: December 15th, 2020 Where it happened: and  New poor experience since 3.00am until 15.00pm 6th Jan 2021 

Dear Sirs

I am really annoyed and frustrated in the non event/manner that Virgin has not followed up my complaints etc... on the 15th December 2020 there was a power cut in the area where I live. This Power cut lasted approx 10 hours to be restored by UK Power networks as a major incident the underground box power junction 30 metres away from my home.In the morning of the 16th Dec 2020 I contacted Virgin, needless to say that the Tel helpline not an option as you have a voice mail that due to Corona Virus you have less personal handling calls and the waiting lists are very long and the advise is to use the chat line. ( bearing in mind that I have been paying in full for short service, regardless of Covid or not ) I used the chat service to communicate with your team. I explained what had happened in the area... and that I had already done the Technical tests available in your services / App and that an engineer needed to come out and check the external cables as these may have been compromised by the meltdown in the power junction in the pavement 30 metres away...but the helpline adviser insisted in still following the same tests I did and threatening me if I did not...then if engineer turns up and it proves that the faulty is internally I would pay £99 for wasted visit. So i completed the required tests...and this help adviser then passed me into the technical team...and guess what ..?? I had to explain the whole story again... I requested the new help advisor to check the audit trail conversation between me and previous help adviser. This new person booked an engineer stating that the engineer would arrive either on the 16th afternoon or 17th Morning. No engineer arrived on the 16th ...then after morning promise...I started to contact Virgin helpline 2 / 17 Ricardo Santa Rita complaint against Virgin Media Broadband case 9322009 Ricardo Santa Rita complaint against Virgin Media Broadband case 9322009 again...please check the chats records and enquiring where is the engineer...and circa 2.00pm I was told he would be before 18.00pm...I contact several times nearer the time and eventually an engineer never turned up ....surprise surprise...The following day 18th December I contacted again...and no apology given or a reason why engineer had not turned up...another enginner booked which turned up at circa 15.00pm when the engineer arrived , he was vey polite and seemed professional .. I explained what had happened and that I suspected the problem was outside on the road due to the Power cut / meltdown of cables and Virgin should have checked this first if there was data communication / usage between my home and their hubs. The Engineer confirmed that there were no issues in my home kit and connections then we walked up the road and he pointed the Virgin cables that had melted down...he immediately contacted Virgin and explained the situation... he explained that another team would have to come to site and repair the cables and then they would knock on my door to test if Internet had been restored. the following day the Internet appeared to have been restored and I only found out due to some of my home alarms systems appeared to be online and made some noises stated now online. What hangers me the most is that Communication throughout been poor. Threats of wanting to charge me for an engineer I find it disgusting. Virgin could and should have followed with checks prior sending engineer which could have determine possible fault was outside...all of this could have been resolved quicker if communication was more efficient. What I want: Even after I had requested to Virgin Chat line to firstly to compensate me for the days I have not had the Internet... I also wanted an apology for non listening to my communications/for not responding in due course. This leaves me with a very poor experience...especially due to the Corona Virus....I am still paying for full services at a time when I need the most as I am doing work from home and my sons doing studying for the University online. The fact that no one contacted me with a follow up is very poor indeed. Due to the above, I would now feel a compensation is due and I wait for your response. No service I would like to raise a complaint about my Broadband service. The issue occurred on 15/12/2020. To explain in more detail Dear Sirs, I am really annoyed and frustrated in the non event/manner that Virgin has not followed up my complaints etc... on the 15th December 2020 there was a power cut in the area where I live. This Power cut lasted approx 10 hours to be restored by UK Power networks as a major incident the underground box power junction 30 metres away from my home.In the morning of the 16th Dec 2020 I contacted Virgin, needless to say that the Tel helpline not an option as you have a voice mail that due to Corona Virus you have less personal handling calls and the waiting lists are very long and the advise is to use the chat line. ( bearing in mind that I have been paying in full for short service, regardless of Covid or not ) I used the chat service to communicate with your team. I explained what had happened in the area... and that I had already done the Technical tests available in your services / App and that an engineer needed to come out and check the external cables as these may have been compromised by the meltdown in the power junction in the pavement 30 metres away...but the helpline adviser insisted in still following the same tests I did and threatening me if I did not...then if engineer turns up and it proves that the faulty is internally I would pay £99 for wasted visit. So i completed the required tests...and this help adviser then passed me into the technical team...and guess what ..?? I had to explain the whole story again... I requested the new help advisor to check the audit trail conversation between me and previous help adviser. This new person booked an engineer stating that the engineer would arrive either on the 16th afternoon or 17th Morning. No engineer arrived on the 16th ...then after morning promise...I started to contact Virgin helpline again...please check the chats records and enquiring where is the engineer...and circa 2.00pm I was told he would be before 18.00pm...I contact several times nearer the time and eventually an engineer never turned up ....surprise surprise...The following day 18th December I contacted again...and no apology given or a reason why engineer had not turned up...another enginner booked which turned up at circa 15.00pm when the engineer arrived , he was vey polite and seemed professional .. I explained what had happened and that I suspected the problem was outside on the road due to the Power cut / meltdown of cables and Virgin should have checked this first if there was data communication / usage between my home and their hubs. The Engineer confirmed that there were no issues in my home kit and connections then we walked up the road and he pointed the Virgin 5 / 17 Ricardo Santa Rita complaint against Virgin Media Broadband case 9322009 Ricardo Santa Rita complaint against Virgin Media Broadband case 9322009 cables that had melted down...he immediately contacted Virgin and explained the situation... he explained that another team would have to come to site and repair the cables and then they would knock on my door to test if Internet had been restored. the following day the Internet appeared to have been restored and I only found out due to some of my home alarms systems appeared to be online and made some noises stated now online. What hangers me the most is that Communication throughout been poor. Threats of wanting to charge me for an engineer I find it disgusting. Virgin could and should have followed with checks prior sending engineer which could have determine possible fault was outside...all of this could have been resolved quicker if communication was more effecient. . This meant that Did not have Internet for 4 days. prevented me from doing work from home, and my Children to study from Home. In order to resolve my issue I would like you to Even after I had requested to Virgin Chat line to firstly to compensate me for the days I have not had the Internet... I also wanted an apology for non listening to my communications/for not responding in due course. This leaves me with a very poor experience...especially due to the Corona Virus....I am still paying for full services at a time when I need the most as I am doing work from home and my sons doing studying for the University online. The fact that no one contacted me with a follow up is very poor indeed. Due to the above, I would now feel a compensation is due and I wait for your response. 

New poor experience since 3.00am until 15.00pm 6th Jan 2021 Dear Customer Care Team, This morning I noticed that the internet in my home was lost again. I have run the troubleshooting guidance again...-reset the Router as per guidance and eventually it lead me into prompting into booking an engineer now booked for the 8th Jan between 12.00 and 16.00 at 15.00 when checked again...now the Internet is up to its normal status. Could you please sort out whatever is wrong with your systems etc... as this is causing me a lot of stress and preventing me from working from home for me and my Sons who are currently doing exams for University online. I would like to be called

Kind regards,

Ricardo Santa Rita

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet since 13th Dec 2020 till 18th January 2021 Customer not even replied

Good morning @RSR0208 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I would like to start by apologising for the experience that you have had up until this point, It is far below the level of customer services we aim to provide. 

I have managed to locate your account using the information you have provided when signing up to the forums. I can see that there has been a complaint raised regarding this situation. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that I can get some further information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
RSR0208
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet since 13th Dec 2020 till 18th January 2021 Customer not even replied

Dear Zak,

You may call me on [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Regards

Ricardo Santa Rita

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Please edit you post and remove the phone number as it should not be posted in an open forum, also I am afraid that the froum team do not call customers as they are a online team only.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello @RSR0208 

Thank you for coming back to me. 

As advised, we would recommend removing your personal information from your last post. We are a web based department and therefor are not able to arrange for outbound calls. 

If we are able to assist you please do respond to the PM that I sent you with the request for your account information.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos