cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No First Bill & No Welcome Email

WillLeggatt
Joining in

I have recieved my Wifi Hub 4 and it is up and running but I need to adjust some settings that require a My Virgin Meda account to be set up. I cannot do this without my account number and area reference number which I understand appear on my first bill or welcome email.

(I have checked all sub folders and spam folders on my email in case I have missed something)

How can I access my account number and area reference number if I haven't recieved my first bill or welcome email?

Kind regards,

Will

4 REPLIES 4

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello WillLeggatt

Thanks for posting on the forum in regards to your new account but that you're still awaiting the confirmation of details. We appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Can you confirm what settings you're looking to change that require your account details? If this is hub setting changes you log in via a browser using 192.168.0.1 and the unique settings password located on the sticker on the back or base of your Hub.

If you could let us know we're here to help.

Rob

Hi Robert,

I would like to adjust the parental control settings but as I understand it I cannot do that through the local hub settings and I need to do it through my Virgin Media account, is this correct?

Kind regards,

Will

Hi Will 👋! Thank you for getting back to us. 

You are completely correct, you do need access to My Virgin Media in order to alter your Parental controls and web safety settings yourself. You can read more about this here 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/parental-control. 

However, we can also support you with these settings by via PM through community or offline via phone 📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline, Text 📲 on +44753 305 1809, and WhatsApp on +447305 327 112. 

I will send you a PM now to offer some help with this - you will find it in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox 📩. We will need to confirm a few account details and pass security with you so we can help. 

We can then return to this public thread with an update once this has been resolved for you! 
All the best. 

Molly

Hi All 👋  Just returning to this public thread with an update! 

Huge thanks to Will for PMing with me. 📨 I was able to resolve the issues with their My Virgin Media access 👉 virg.in/myVM and offer support with some of the advanced hub settings where needed. 

Everything is now sorted and they have been able to register fully with My VM to manage things themselves in future. Pleased to see it all resolved! If there are any further issues in the next month with your access please feel free to pop me a PM again or return to this public thread so we can pick this back up with you as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience whilst we got things sorted!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly