Menu
owld_whitehair
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Confirmation of New Contract

Have been happy with my Virgin contract for the last 12 months, not had any problems. But as the contract was coming to an end, my wife phoned on Friday 18 December 2020 to try and renew it as I couldn't because I haven't been too good for several weeks and as we're both pensioners asked the lady advisor how much the same package would be, for which she quoted about £62 per month £23 difference to the original contract, so my wife asked if she could make it any cheaper as we're only on state pension but she kept leaving my wife on the 'phone for over 10 minutes, she did come back to her eventually, quoted a price which was still too dear for us, then she said she'd come back in a few minutes to my wife which again was over 10 minutes, gave my wife the best price for the package, my wife was just checking our direct debits to see if we could afford this, went back to agree this with the adviser, she wasn't there and my wife had been put through to another department where a young Scottish man was at the other end of the 'phone. She explained to him what had happened, he seemed a bit aggressive and kept calling my wife 'pal'. At the end of agreeing to the contract, he began to be a bit more friendly but quickly read out the terms and conditions of the contract which my wife agreed to and said we'd be sent a confirmation of the contract. She was on ‘phone for about an hour.

Kept checking on the internet, nothing came so my wife had to 'phone up again on Tuesday 22 December 2020 where she spoke to a nice man called Dave, explained what had happened on the 18 December 2020 and he said we'd get an email of confirmation of contract within 7 days, but still 2 weeks later nothing has arrived. So don’t know where we are and I am still ill little wonder when Virgin Media behave in this way. No confirmation email with terms and conditions has still not arrived for 18 months package at £42.80 despite speaking to Dave.

My wife phoned on Tuesday 5 January passed from department to department again and after 1hour 12minutes on the phone was returned to the person she started with and promised that the new bill and charges would be sorted out by the 9 January, still no confirmation has arrived as promised. On My Virgin Media billing information there is still no new bill for next months payment which normally would be there by now and there is a credit for 16.90 for unused services. As we have no new bill or confirmation of new contract this suggests that the services are going to be completely cut off shortly. This means that as pensioners as we only have a landline will have no telephone at all in these times in case of emergency.

Put a complaint into Virgin media but no response so its like leaving us completely in the lurch.

So would be most grateful if a moderator could pick this up to alleviate the heavy stress we are feeling at present.

Many Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Confirmation of New Contract

Hi owld_whitehair

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of this experience; not the level of care we aim to offer. 

As you've made a complaint, allow me to PM you and resolve this now

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

owld_whitehair
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I would like to say a big thank you to John_GS.

John_GS was very patient while the old people wrestled with the terminology and most helpful to a pair of pensioners that were very anxious that they were about to be cut off from Virgin Media Services most worryingly the loss of the land line phone which is the only phone we have which is most important in these times.

John_GS kept at it and efficiently unravelled the problem and to our great relief the new contract was confirmed and in place in a very short time.

Once again John_GS many thanks for your intervention and correcting the problem.

Best Regards

owld_whitehair

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You're more than welcome 🙂 glad to help

Take care

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"