cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Confirmation of Cancellation

as22
Joining in

After hours with the customer service team I finally got through to someone who said she would cancel my contract and send me a return kit. She told me I would be receiving an email confirmation of this, but I have not received one and I can't find anything on my account to suggest my services have actually been cancelled. Please can someone confirm if this has actually happened without me having to call customer services again. 

9 REPLIES 9

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @as22 👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry for the time it took to get through to our team and we'll be sad to see you leave us. 

We don't actually send out an email confirmation as such for cancelling your services. 

You would however receive a final bill and returns kit. 

I will be more than happy to confirm it's been booked in though, so will pop you a PM now to confirm some details.

Speak to you soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

unisoft
Knows their stuff

@Ayisha_B wrote:

Hi @as22👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry for the time it took to get through to our team and we'll be sad to see you leave us. 

We don't actually send out an email confirmation as such for cancelling your services. 

You would however receive a final bill and returns kit. 

I will be more than happy to confirm it's been booked in though, so will pop you a PM now to confirm some details.

Speak to you soon 😊

Is that new? When I cancelled last time and actually left, because of a CMTS issue that got fixed a while later, I got email notification with what happens next,and it appeared as an order/appointment in the app/my virgin media.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi As22👋 thank you for joining the thread. 

Providing everything is set up correctly on your account you should receive an email via an automated system when processing your disconnection. We don't send confirmation of your request to cancel. 

Hope this helps clarify things!

All the best

Molly

as22
Joining in

Got it sorted by calling up, the woman I spoke with didn't process my cancellation another person got it sorted for me instead - also Virgin do send emails to confirm cancellation - I received one within 5 minutes of hanging up if they say there sending you one and you don't receive it you've likely not been cancelled as the call centre staff don't want your cancellation messing up their stats.

Thanks for coming back to us as22, glad to hear your disconnection is all sorted! 

Hopefully you saw my last reply advising you should get a disconnection email when we process the order for you, providing your details are set up correctly! It's also always worth checking your junk and spam inboxes just in case! 

Sincerest apologies for any frustration or inconvenience caused throughout your experience with us. Please let us know if there is anything outstanding you need support with. 

Wishing you all the best 🌞

Molly

Hi,

I've faced a similar issue. I was informed on the phone that I should receive an email regarding organising a collection.

In my instance, I am returning within the 14 days return policy, and therefore don't expect to receive a bill so that's completely fine.

How long should it take to receive the email about the returns kit? My understanding was that it should be quite immediate, but it has been quite a while since the phone call.

It has made me doubt that my contract has been cancelled. I would really appreciate some clarity on this. Thanks in advance.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @lauriepowell_,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been wanting to cancel, I can see you have spoken to our team since posting this, were they able to assist you further with your query?

Joe

Hi Joe,

I have had no contact with the team since posting this. I have also not received any emails, which I was told I should.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @lauriepowell_,

Sorry to hear this, I would like to go about looking into this with you and go about confirming a few things, to do this I will need to take some information from you in a private message.

Joe