cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Callback from Retentions Team

Zotay13
Tuning in

I just wanted to see whether anyone had experienced this or whether it was just me.

Our contract was coming to an end and I decided due to cost of living that we would just go with the internet instead of the TV and internet package. However then I was called by the retainer outbound team who offered me a good deal but then the line cut off. So since then for the last month I have tried in excess of 10 times trying to get back through to them. I’m on hold for over an hour each time. I speak to the team who pretend they are helpful and that they will get me a call back but no one ever does. So I have to call again. Every single time they promise me that they will take ‘personal responsibility’ to ensure that I will get a call back and they are ‘so sorry that I haven’t had a call back’ yet no one ever calls so I am now out of contract but trying to speak to someone. I don’t get anywhere online as I actually want to speak to someone in the outbound team and they don’t deal with people online. 
It’s just exasperating not being able to speak to someone and getting lied to all the time. Every time they say I’ve got to wait 72 hours and someone will definitely call me. I have never dealt with a company with such poor customer services who lie so much! 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

2 REPLIES 2

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Zotay13 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the mishap with your package

I am going to drop you a private message now to confirm some more details and investigate further so I can get this resolved for you, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Incantations
On our wavelength

OK fine, so now you are ‘out of contact’ and are hence free to leave VM without penalty and go elsewhere - and I promise you that unless you actually call them and cancel, and mean it, and actually go through with it; that’s the only way that you’ll get a call back. After all; think of it from their perspective, you are now paying full whack to them, the incentive is to just let things be, you are paying them extra money (good, well from their point of view), and they don’t do anything.

But firstly, you need to investigate and price up alternative suppliers. VM do tend to favour multi-service customers, broadband only, not too attractive for them, so they may well not offer you good a deal to stay anyway. Bottom line, the only way you will get any sort of good offer is to call and cancel - but it is a bit of bluff and counter-bluff, so, in extremis, you do have to be prepared to leave.