Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Broadband

We have been waiting in for days and spent hours on the phone to India but STILL no internet.  Our cable was cut during works and we have contacted and waited on calls and engineers that have either not called, not shown up, or showed up but said they need to refer it on. We are key workers currently working from home and this is causing us inconvenience, stress and expense. This is the third day we have waited for an engineer to put in a new cable and T-box(?)  but no one showed up or phoned. We keep being reassured someone will come tomorrow but the call centre say nothing will happen until November???!! Which, if this is any where near the case, we will need to switch to another provider and start again. But surely cannot be the case. Along the path of false promises we have also been given false email addresses and names, been cut off (on more than one occasion) after a good half hour of waiting on a premium rate line to speak to someone. We have been told this is being dealt with by the regional manager?! And put on a high priority but other than an exceptional technician called Jordan, no body is keeping their word.

Please help,

[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Broadband

Hi i cant help with your problem but you should not be using a premium rate number to call virgin you should use 150 if you can from your virgin phone or 0345 454 1111
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes thank you, I was originally given that number with an 0845 .. instead of an 0345 ...

Both have taken me to the same call centre but one costs considerably more. 

Are there any direct numbers to use to speak to someone? As the number of times a call centre operator has tried to refer me and the line has been cut and I have had to start the whole, very slow, process again is extremely frustrating?

Thanks,

Katy 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Mike. Very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katysnell,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues trying to get a damaged cable fixed and your services back on .

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Morning Mike,

we are waiting in but no sign as yet. Do you know if there is a time slot allocated? The guys who installed the T-box yesterday assured us Virgin would be here today to connect up.

Thanks,

[REMOVED]

0 Kudos