Menu
Darbra74
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No Amazon Prime Login

Hi, where do I get my Amazon Prime Login details from please. Should it be sent to me?

Had it on my account for a few days now so would have expected some info as to how to login and access this.

0 Kudos
punkrock101
Superfast
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Amazon Prime Login

I think you have to sign up through Amazon themselves.
0 Kudos
Darbra74
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, looking on the Virgin website it suggests they send you an activation code 5 days after sign up. Today was day 7 days so I called them to chase and was told there is no Amazon  no longer exists (they only added it to my contract a week ago) ...!

Virgin only signed me up for this on Friday as compensation for the issues experienced only to be told when chasing today it shouldn’t have been offered to me as expired. I upgraded my contract 2 weeks ago and since then I’ve had nothing but trouble.

if anyone from Virgin is reading this...

On initial delivery 3 weeks ago I had a TV box missing. When I called to get missing items sent they cut me off and we’re incredibly rude. I raised a complaint resulting in an email apology and a request to call back to get the missing item sent.

Called back to arrange only to be told can have box but will need to be additional cost (even though it was already on my contract doc at pre agreed price). They then retracted this, apologised again and arranged for the correct items to be sent. At this point they offered me 12 months Amazon as compensation (which was then added to my contract terms and new contract sent to me).

A week later had to chase for the Amazon activation code only to be told this should not have been offered as no longer exists (apparently expired a year ago)! After further discussion they apologised again and asked me to hold while they speak to their manager to sort this out and see what can be done. Then after 20mins on hold they cut me off again!

I called them back and finally spoke to a manager who agreed their handling of the situation is wholly unacceptable, he has raised an internal complaint and advised someone will be in touch within 72hours.

So in all to date, about 6 hours on the phone to you, 2 contract changes that you still can’t adhere to and 2 complaints later still no further ahead and still don’t have what I agreed at contract upgrade.

I see why they call it the “ultimate oomph” package as I feel right royally kicked in the xxxx’s

Sorry for the rant on this platform I’m just very frustrated with Virgin’s so called customer service and inability to resolve this very simple issue and have no idea how I can speak to someone who can sort the issue out.

Do you know who I could raise this with outside of Virgin to get this addressed and sorted? Is there a regulating body I should contact as the next level as I have tried everything to resolve with Virgin direct. Is it Ofcom maybe?

thanks again for your help

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Darbra 74 and welcome to our community.

You would receive an email with the offer code which you would use signing up to Amazon Prime. 

Can you please check your spam folders of the email address you signed up to us with?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Darbra74
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for response Emily, after looking for the answer I saw it in the FAQ’s on the Virgin website.

nothing in my spam so called Virgin only to be told the offer they had given me only one week before was not something they did anymore (stopped doing it a year ago).

Absolutely fuming at the incompetence so have now raised another complaint to Virgin and waiting to hear back. 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Do you have the email confirmation of the package you accepted which includes the listed Amazon offer? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Darbra74
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Yes I have the email of the contract that now has the Amazon added on it is that the one?

I just spoke with Gareth at Virgin who advised it is actually still something that can be offered at times and the activation email can take a few weeks to arrive apparently so as it’s only been 2 weeks give a couple more and should come through.

The additional mini box I am waiting for has been cancelled for now due to lockdown so apparently someone will be in touch when lockdown ends whenever that is so we’ll see....

Best wishes

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Darbra74

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry for the delayed reply.

I've checked the system today and can see after posting the last reply, you spoke to the team. They advised the Amazon Prime voucher code will be emailed within 2 weeks. Have you received this since your post? 

Let me know if not and I can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Darbra74
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Apologies for the delay in reply. No unfortunately nothing as yet.

Rang VM again today to see what was happening and they advised they have logged a ticket and will come back to me. Apparently they have had problems with the activation codes not being sent out to some people! I’ve got to say it’s not the first time I’ve been told this and nothing happened after they promised it would so if you can help that would be great.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Darbra74, thanks for getting back to us.  

I am sorry you've still not got your Amazon Prime code.  Can I ask if you've checked all your inboxes?   Main and 'junk' I mean.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos