Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No Account no.

I have the service quite a while. The boardband service looks fine for the first year, but the wifi starts to on and off in last few months. I try to find technical help. Then I realised that I never receive my welcome email, and no single bill send to my email. (Direct debit every month) It should be the problem of the sale agents. I dont have any way to contact the CS team, since they need my account no and password which I never know. I have tried to contact via twitter but there is no direct inbox set in Virgin twitter account.  So I post my question here, Hope some CE staff can help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Account no.

Hi yingktse,

You can find your Virgin account number by looking on your bank statement.

You should have a Virgin Media account already set up if you aren't receiving paper bills.

The Forum Staff may be able to help you with this  but they will need to ask you some question in private to validate who you are.

If you are having problems with you wifi you should create a post in the networking and wifi Networking Help  and the guru's there should be able to help you.

Let the guys know you are having wifi problems. 

You will need to post your network logs, if you are unsure of how to do that, please follow the instructions below

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] 

click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto the post you create – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I check the direct debit info in the bank account and i find 12 digit number. I guess the account no. should be in 9 digit. Moreover, if I need to register the online account, I will need an area code, and I think I cannot find it from my bank statement. Anyway I can find a person that I can talk to. I am not confortable to provide personal information in a public forum

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Forum Staff may be able to help you with this  but they will need to ask you some questions in private to validate who you are.

Nobody else on the forums will be able to see the message between you and staff. 

You can tell who the Forum Staff are as they have an infinity symbol next to their name, and Forum Team under their name as in the example below.

forumteam.jpg

If you don't want their help then you will need to call in, which is a lot more demanding at present.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey there @yingktse,

Welcome to our Community Forum and thanks for posting.

Sure I can help with the details that you require via a Private Message  but as @newapollo has advised, I'll need to ask you some questions for security before I can discuss anything with you.

I'll send a Private Message to you shortly and hope you reply back to it. In the meantime, I've also taken a look at your network details and can see some issues with your downstream power levels and one of the channels so we'll need to get an engineer sent to take a look. We'll look into this via a Private Message.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me in a Private Message @yingktse and hope you have everything you need and can confirm that the details are correct.

Please pop back if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

I have two questions to ask. To be honest, why I need to find the account no as I think I will need to ask technical thing to your colleague. My WiFi keep on and off these days, and today become no Internet. I think I will need urgent help about this. I know you are not technical support staff, so I hope you can forward my question to technical department. I have tried to help myself in the community website, but no luck at all.

My Hub 3.0 is up and down in these days, and I have reset the router to "factory settings" a few times. It become more worse case today, It may work in the first 20 min and then no internet again. I try to follow the instructions after I posted my questions and upstrean/downstream data and network log in the community. The main suggestion is to reset the factory setting which I have done several times. The final way I try to fix is to change the hub into a modem mode and connect it to another WiFi router. This time the light of hub turns red and I search the Internet and know this means the Hub is overheat.

Little frustrated. I am an Associate Prof in University and I need to have online class to my students very soon. I guess if this cannot be fixed  in  a short time then I will need to find another internet provider to make the line to work again. 

Please advice. Many thanks.

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi yingktse,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that you are having wifi connection issues, can you confirm if this is also happening to your wired connections? If your wired connections are also dropping then it may be area realted and you can check here virg.in/service

You shouldn't have to keep factory resetting your hub to achieve a connection. The if in modem mode the hub light may have a reddish look depending on the angle you're looking at it however this link may be useful for what the lights mean and look like.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean

Did you get any emailed copies of your bill, if not then I can have one sent.

Cheers

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, the link you send me is the same one I search in internet. The light is red now after I power off the hub for 30 min. 

I have just login to my Virgin account and the service status is no know issue (see cap screen attached)

I think the hardwire is not working as well. I use the LAN cable to plug into another WiFi router (TP link) it shows no connection to the TP link (after i login to the TP link 192.168.x.x). I have not tried the LAN cable plug to the computer as there is no LAN port in my laptop. 

Please advice what I should do as I really in rush as I have to do my lecturing next week.

Kind regards,

Mike

Screenshot_20200813-171244_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OK I'll send you a PM to get your account details.

0 Kudos