cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare! Changing DD date and contacting VM

Spiritlove
Tuning in

Hi all, been a virgin media customer now for about 20 years, still got a blue yonder email ! Won’t change it. Anyhow, 

for months now I’ve been trying to change my monthly direct debit date, without having to ring as I have a disabled child and can’t hang about in the phone ,not to mention it would cost.
anyway I’ve just paid my bill knowing I can now change the date. I found on your website that you can text to change the DD date between thr hours of 8am and 11pm. So I waited another day to catch the right hours and when I text it said different hours up to 9pm not 11pm, so I had to wait another day , this evening I text within those hours and I get w bit further but the option was to do it through whatsapp which I don’t have and don’t want, or come back later ? And do what , nobody knows ? 
so I’ve no way of using the text service, taken me hours to find a phone number but that will cost and like I said I don’t have time to hang about as my son needs me 24/7 it’s really difficult for me. So I went to look at the chat , virgin media says you can use our online chat service but! There’s no link or button to chat ?

please virgin update your information on your website to get the right hours for the test chat and also warn people they need WhatsApp to use it . 

is there anyway I can easily change my DD date ? I darent cancel it in bank as that will cause a lot of confusion and time consuming, something I haven’t got a lot of. Please help .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM Forum Team should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread in a day or so.

By the way if you ring VM customer services from 150 on your VM landline or VM mobile the calls are free.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM Forum Team should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread in a day or so.

By the way if you ring VM customer services from 150 on your VM landline or VM mobile the calls are free.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham, yes I thought about the 150 from my mobile but I really don’t have the time to sit in the phone to them, I’m basically on a nightshift with my son so the texting was perfect for me. 

Hi Spiritlove, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've been unable to change your direct debit date and for any inconvenience this and not being able to get through to an agent, may be causing you.  I would love to help you resolve this. I am going to send your a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks Lee, I have now responded

Thanks @Spiritlove

I will get back to you privately

Regards

Lee

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Spiritlove, thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.
Regards
Lee_R

Hi Lee, yes as I mentioned in the private message and on here , I really appreciated your help and the smooth running of changing thr direct debit date, all being well that is set up ok now. 

as I stated in my first post the website isn’t up to date with the correct times of text messaging, when you text it gives you a different time and also wants WhatsApp to proceed but there’s no mention of this on your website. I’m just thankful I had this forum to come to and very helpful team. 

thanks again Lee and also Graham