Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New to VM. Not working and getting no help from VM

Posting on behalf of my mum. She recently joined VM in her new flat. They called, they sold. 

Problem is, nothing is working. She only got phone and broadband. She was told by the seller that it appears that her place already had a virgin line in. So picked the stuff up yesterday. But nowhere to plug anything in!!!!! Tried calling. Not the easiest thing. Cant seem to get through to anyone who can help. She is 75 and disabled. I'm unable to be there so much. An engineer so obviously needs to visit.  

There is an old tele west? Point and a  onetel telephone line. Failing that, can someone give me a numbee which isn't the 0345 number, so we can cancel this before it's too late . She cant call 150 obviously as phone isn't working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New to VM. Not working and getting no help from VM

I'll ask the VM Forum Team to pick this up out of sequence because of the circumstances. Watch this space.

VM only have the 0345 454 1111 phone number for this kind of thing. This does all seem very odd.

The Telewest socket should still be live and the broadband hub should connect to that. The push fittings supplied in the self install pack will work, if a bit fiddly. VM's phone does not use a socket any more. The phone should plug into the back of the Hub - adaptor should be in the kit. The socket is clearly marked.

But I think an engineer visit ought to have been organised at the outset given your mother's condition?

@ModTeam

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I was only able to stay an hour yesterday and 30 minutes today. I connected the isolator to the telewest and phone to the hub. Followed it instructions to the letter, activated the service but still nothing. She made me pack it today before I left and I wont be with her until next week. Shes on about cancelling if no one can come out to make sure the line is working 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of this Lizz1, the team should have arranged for an engineer visit to set this up for your mum.

I would need to take some account details over a private message, so that we can look into this for your mother. I will pop over a private message now, please reply to it and I can look into this for you.

Regards

Steven_L