forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
courtogs
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New price increase

Hi, I have an 18 month contract which I agreed with VM retentions team on 01/10/2020.

Now I have received a letter which says price increase of £4 per month. I am not going to pay it and will cancel my contract. However, I am currently on the phone to VM for 1 hour 37 minutes and counting, to try and speak to someone. I've read a lot of other reviews on this forum and it seems unlikley I will get an answer. I've also trawled the forums and VM site looking for a VM address I can send my notification of cancellation to but no luck. Can anybody help?

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New price increase

Hi courtogs, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months. We know 2020 was a difficult year for many people and so we decided not to rise our cable prices last year. You would need to speak with the team on; 0345 454 1111 if you haven't already do so or you can write to us at; Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
courtogs
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Ryan.

I have further news regarding my issue / complaint.

I continued to stay on the phone and 1 hour and 57 minutes later it was answered by 'Connor'. I told him of my issue and he put me on hold while he 'went away to discuss it with his supervisor' and I thought that's the last I've heard from him. However, about 4-5 minutes later he came back and told me VM had given me an extra £4 discount on my contract which will now negate the £4 rise. I also received e-mail confirmation of my new contract the next day confirming this.

So thanks to Connor and VM for sorting this out.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well that's absolutely great to hear and I really appreciate you coming back and letting me know 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos