cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New package

stephenburton24
Tuning in

My package comes up for renewal in April do I have to wait  while April to sort out or would it benefit me to sort out now

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ordinarily you'd be best waiting until you're <30 days from the end of your minimum term - that's when you're in a position to give cancellation notice should you find an alternative supplier that better suits your requirements and/or VM won't offer a price you're happy with.

With the annual price increase notifications being sent out soon, those also give you an option to cancel all your services. So wait for your price-rise letter to land, then do some shopping around.

Then follow all the usual advice about trying to negotiate a new package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ordinarily you'd be best waiting until you're <30 days from the end of your minimum term - that's when you're in a position to give cancellation notice should you find an alternative supplier that better suits your requirements and/or VM won't offer a price you're happy with.

With the annual price increase notifications being sent out soon, those also give you an option to cancel all your services. So wait for your price-rise letter to land, then do some shopping around.

Then follow all the usual advice about trying to negotiate a new package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Stephenburton24 👋 Welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

You can start a new contract at any time you wish by getting in touch with us to discuss a new deal. Sadly we don't support with package changes via the forum. However, you can get in touch with us to discuss your options via 📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline. Text us 📲 on +44753 305 1809, and WhatsApp us on +447305 327 112 .

If you need more information about contract terms and Early Disconnection Fees you can see here 👉 virg.in/EDF and here 👉 https://virg.in/legals. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with! All the best 🌞

Molly