Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

New package

I agreed to a new package which should have started on the 16/10/20 which included sky sports package and an upgrade in speed of 100mps to 200mps, I have neither of these things !!!!!!.

My last update should have increased my speed to M200 but it didn't but like an idiot I never got round to sorting it but with the high cost of the new package the time has come to get this sorted.

could you please help - thank you

Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: New package

What does it say in your online account details about the package you are on? What price is it showing you are paying for it

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, It says Maxit TV, + sky sports,  M200 fibre broadband,  free line rental,  talk anytime,  free voicemail, and 6GB,Oomph SIM

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Did you get the Oomph SIM ?

I think you are going to have to call it in.

----------------
Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 or (any other phone) - follow options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you sort it.

Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Took just 20’ for me one afternoon recently.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, I will call in and see what happens

Cheers Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, I called Virgin and got through and spoke to a helpful man who told me that when you get an update you have to turn off your hub for 15 mins for it to download ( I didn't know this ).

I done this and the Sky Sports package has come through but my speed is still at M100 and not M200,  have you any idea what to do now.  Iv'e txted Virgin but had no response.

Thanks

Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Good morning, the speed upgrade is on the account. 

Have you ran some speedtests?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, Yes, three or four different ones and all range between 92 to 97mps

Cheers 

Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me, Terry. How are you running the tests, wired/wireless and what devices?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

On my PC which is wired.

Cheers

Terry

0 Kudos