cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New direct debit

ken1940
Joining in

My contract is for £50pm. A  couple of months ago I got an email from VM saying the next payment would be taken at £73PM. I then tried various methods to contact VM for this to be corrected before it was taken. Ive come to the conclusion that VM no longer employ human beings.  Several days they later send out a letter saying they had made a mistake and that it would be the correct amount of £50. TOO  DAM LATE, I HAD ALREADY CANCELLED THE DD. I simply could not make contact, so I cancelled my direct debit before they took the £73. Then yesterday they wrote to say I owed the £107, two payments of the £50 plus a late payment charge of £7.

IT SAID THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY UP THE £107 BEFORE THE DD COULD BE REINSTATED.

I then paid the £107 on my credit card, which is shown as paid on my credit card statement. After payment they still would allow me to do another DD until the balance is paid......which I have paid.

2 REPLIES 2

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ken1940,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sincere apologies for any confusion with this, usually if the direct debit is cancelled we still would require a manual payment, so we can investigate the matter further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM ken1940,

I'm glad we were able to get this resolved for you.

If you do have any future queries then be sure to pop back up for further assistance!

Take care,

Kain