cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer creating account - "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

vmuser4
Tuning in

I've tried 25 different passwords, some actual words, some random, even some using a password generator. All meet the requirements (of varying strength to moderate/strong). No special characters.

I've tried Safari, Chrome, incognito mode, iPhone, iPad, Virgin Media app to create an account.

No matter what I try, I always get "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

Never used the email address with VM before, only to place the order. I've been given an install date, and the email states to login to My Account if I'd like to change it. I have all my account details, but cannot get beyond the registration process where it asks me to create a password.

What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 15.31.19.png

173 REPLIES 173

I'm the OP on this thread and this still isn't resolved for me, despite trying what people have suggested.

Install date now two weeks away.

The only other piece of information I can supply is that I'm a brand new customer with an email address never associated with VM. However the first order I placed was cancelled by VM after 6 weeks due to not receiving wayleave permission from landlord. So I've placed a second order and everything is now in place, I just cannot create the account.

Could me email be associated with the first 'failed' order? Is that why I cannot create an account?

Thanks so much. After several tries, using complex passwords, your suggestion worked perfectly. Wake up Virgin Media - fix this !

Hi @mohammedmbrum thanks for getting back to us.

And thanks for confirming that you've managed to resolve your My Virgin Media activation issue. Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

This worked for me thank you @stagarz!! Xx

Could someone reply to this please?

---

I'm the OP on this thread and this still isn't resolved for me, despite trying what people have suggested.

Install date now two weeks away.

The only other piece of information I can supply is that I'm a brand new customer with an email address never associated with VM. However the first order I placed was cancelled by VM after 6 weeks due to not receiving wayleave permission from landlord. So I've placed a second order and everything is now in place, I just cannot create the account.

Could me email be associated with the first 'failed' order? Is that why I cannot create an account?

---

hello, I am facing the same problem. 

I tried to read through the message and followed the suggestions from @stagarz, but still no luck.

Can anyone have some hints to me?

Many thanks!

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We would ask for you to wait until the services have gone active - @vmuser4. I will send you over a private message just to confirm, but that is more than likely the case. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey allenng - thank you for your post and welcome to the forums! 

I will also send you over a private message to look into this 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

I am getting the same issue when trying to register for myvirginmedia, i get cant use that password with every one I try. My service is now active still not able to make an account.

can someone help me please.#

thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @dentryan,

I am sorry for the issue with your password.

I will send you a private message now, so I can try to help you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide