cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract

apleaver
Joining in

Hi,

My current deal is ending in August so was looking to see what options are available. I logged into the online account and had a pop-up message with a new deal. 

I accepted this and received a contract information sheet email and an order summary email. This had an estimated activation date of 25th July, however I haven't had any further correspondence from Virgin about this. I was wondering when the new contract would take effect?

7 REPLIES 7

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @apleaver 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that you've not seen the change to your contact as requested, this certainly is odd 🤔 We don't usually deal with package changes via the forum, however as you've already agreed to the change I'll certainly be happy to assist.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be checked.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

This was looked into via PM and they could not find any record of the new contract I had agreed to online on my account despite me sending a screenshot of the email I had received.

They advised me to call customer services to see if they could recreate the package offer. When I called they were unable to do this and said the discount offer I had received was incorrect. 

What is the point of offering customers a renewal offer through their online account if they will not honour it.

I will now be looking to cancel my contract.

I had a pop up offer on Saturday was going to accept on Sunday but pop up gone went on chat told them about offer new nothing about it made me an offer £10 more sent them screenshots of offer and was told this offer came from the back office and would fill in details to activate the offer which came back on Monday so I accepted got screenshots of contract information and was informed like you this would be activated on the 3rd August.

Have looked on my account at orders and it shows disconnection on 16th August what next

idunno
Dialled in

Accepted a pop up offer on my account on Monday as contract ends 16th August was told online this offer  would start roundabout 3rd August have looked on my account at my orders and it’s showing my account will be disconnected on the 16th August.

Whats going on I don’t have time to be kept hanging on been with this company since 1997 never had a problem till now.

Hi @idunno thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of your concerns here.

Did you discuss cancellation with the team at all? Please advise further as usually for a disconnection to be put through there must have been some conversations about this.

Please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Yes spoke to cancellation team on july17th offered me a deal £33 which I declined was told disconnection on August 16th had a pop up on Monday offered £24 which I accepted informed online it would start about 3rd August and an email would be sent having looked at my account just now I am down for disconnection still on the 16th August

Hi idunno 👋

Thanks for getting back to us! Sorry to hear about these issues with the pop-up deal you viewed, and trying to get things sorted. 

We would need to take a closer look at the account if you are looking to cancel the disconnection, so we can offer further support. To do so we would need to send a PM to confirm a few account details. We will also need to get you to send us in a copy of the email with the accepted deal. (I will give instructions for how to do this via PM.)

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly