cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract

Saabette
Tuning in

My contract is ending within the next few days. I have been offered a new contract which I am quite happy with - however I have 2 additional tv boxes - how do I find out if there will be additional charges and how much it would be . Live chat is useless and have spent 30mins just trying to get an answer x 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Saabette 

If the new package is titled Ultimate Volt then it includes one additional box.  No other package includes additional boxes.

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/multiroom 

(Apart from the second box being free on the Ultimate Volt package) it's £10* monthly recurring service extension fee for the first additional box plus £5* monthly recurring service extension fee for any further boxes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Saabette

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

How was the offer made please? For example was this over the phone?

Was the offer accepted?

Have you received a contract summary email?

Please book back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki 

the offer is available when I sign in to my online account .  As yet I haven’t accepted the offer  as I do no want to lose the connection to my other boxes and used the live chat earlier today to see if there would be an additional cost for the 2 additional boxes .the chat assistant could not answer and just kept offering me other packages .

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Additional TV boxes should be listed on your contract. Are they?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

They show on my current contract , but checking the pre contract paperwork for the new contract they are not listed. There is no breakdown to show what the charge is for them on old bills as just a package price. 
x

Thank you for getting back to us Saabette. 

What did our team same on the webchat when you have gotten through to them? 

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

when I asked I was not given a straight answer - just got offered other packages which only included 1 additional set top box. Not sure she understood what I was asking 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If you give our retentions team a call on: 0345 454 1111 option 4 and then option 1 - they would be able to see what is best for you with any upgrade of the contract 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Saabette 

If the new package is titled Ultimate Volt then it includes one additional box.  No other package includes additional boxes.

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/multiroom 

(Apart from the second box being free on the Ultimate Volt package) it's £10* monthly recurring service extension fee for the first additional box plus £5* monthly recurring service extension fee for any further boxes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali