Menu
Adam1981
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New contract

Hi guys / virgin team. Anyone help???

Just sorted my new 18 month contract today (19/2/21) as my current one runs out in March.

Never had a problem with the services, everything works great 👍 

I have the "ultimate oomph" bundle.

I have paid £79 a month over the last year.

Must have spent over an hour sorting new contract for exactly the same bundle I have but best offer over the phone they could do was £95 a month

But on the Virgin website the exact same bundle is being offered at £89.

Am I missing something? Or is this because I'm not a new customer?

Regards.......

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contract

It's because you aren't a new customer. Without any discounts you should really be paying £139, so I would say it's a great deal

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

you would think or maybe its just my simple mind that its better and cheaper to keep exsisting customers as VM don't have to install new equipment the exsisting customers are all set up so the cost is much less than a new customer ? 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM's average revenue per customer is around £52 a month, so clearly you're right at the top end.  There are logical reasons why they don't offer the best deals to loyal customers, primarily that they make more money.

If you want the best deal you have to phone in and haggle, reject their best offer, and then hope for an "outbound retention" call during your notice period.  VM go through phases of not doing much outbound retention, and then doing it pretty consistently, seems we're in the "doing it consistently" part of the cycle, but there's no guarantees.  If you demand VM's speed and can't get anything acceptable via Openreach, then your options are limited.  If you can get a decent Openreach speed, then order (say) Sky or BT's best value deal, phone up VM and cancel, see if the phone rings.  If VM call you and match the offer (with better speed) then take it and cancel the new ISP under their cooling off rules, if VM won't offer a decent price or don't call, then you take the Sky/BT offer. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos