Menu
johnnyk32uk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New contract without my permission?

After having intermittent broadband issues for weeks and the price rise of £4 a month, I called virgin media on the 10th Feb to see if they could help with my issues and if there would be any discounts as I wasn't willing to pay what it was going up to, especially with these issues.

I was told there was no discounts, apart from taking the £4 off but I would need to start a new 18 month contract. I told them no and just to cancel my contract which they did and I was sent an email to confirm this and given my months notice. I have been looking at other providers but not signed anything yet.

I have not been in contact with Virgin media since the 10th February either online or by phone. 

Today I was emailed what looks like a new contract saying thanks for the new changes you've made to your virgin contract and a new 18 month contract has started today! How can this happen when I didn't give permission or have spoken to anyone regarding this?

The offer is a very good deal, much better than I have been paying actually, but I wasn't offered this, it just looks like Virgin has done this without my permission which is very annoying and is wrong.

Can someone please tell me why and how this has happened?

Thanks,
John

0 Kudos
johnnyk32uk
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contract without my permission?

Is anyone going to reply to this?

I don't fancy waiting on the phone for over and a half like I did last week just trying to cancel!!

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contract without my permission?

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, johnnyk32uk,

I'll send you a private message to have a look at your account.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos