Menu
Mizydoscape
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New contract sent doesn't match telephone offer

Hi,

I called up your team yesterday to renew my contract and was offered a bundle at £37 a month with a new TV box. I've now received the contract by email which notes the monthly cost is £44 a month and there is a £35 activation fee on my next bill. 

Firstly the new monthly price does not reflect what was agreed on the phone when speaking to your advisor and secondly I was not informed there would be a fee for activation of new equipment. All I'm doing is plugging in a new box and sending you back the old, slow one.

I've tried to call and can't get through and also can't get through on your live chat. Please advise how this can be resolved.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New contract sent doesn't match telephone offer

Forum staff will respond in due course, but your legal rights are crystal clear - information provided by a company verbally or written is binding if the consumer relies upon it when entering a contract (Consumer Rights Act 2015), so VM have to honour whatever was promised, whether they like it or not. 

Hopefully the forum staff can get this sorted to your complete satisfaction, if they can't then I can suggest how to take things further, but those other options will be much slower, so better to consider them after the staff have had a look.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mizydoscape,

Thanks for your post, I am sorry to hear you do not agree to your contract terms, if you do not accept them you can cancel within the 14 days cooling-off period, 

I have located your account and can see the activation fee was agreed to be credited and had been added.

If it has not shown up on this months bill it will be on your next bill

Zoie

0 Kudos
Mizydoscape
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Zoie but that is not an acceptable answer.

You can't promise a contract at one price and then provide said contract at another. You also can't add on charges for activation that haven't been explained or agreed before the contract is sent.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry, I did say your activation fee was covered.

I can discuss your contract with you but I will need to do this via PM.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope

Zoie

0 Kudos