cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract - overcharged

cm1989
Tuning in

Hi all, hoping for some assistance in getting me through to someone at VM, issue is as follows:

Contract was expiring on the 31st of October, and my package was jumping up to £157 a month. Did the usual cancellation dance routine at the end of September and was offered a deal at £78 which I accepted. Paperwork came through via email, all good.

October bill is generated - £157. Contacted VM and was told a credit would be applied to the account to balance it out for this month and the correct instalment would be billed from November.

Direct Debit comes out today, £157 !!

Trying to get through to an actual human on the phone is a nightmare, is there a direct number I can call to get this sorted out ? 

Many Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cm1989 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the bill shock. From what you've said, the generation of the bill was pre-the price change. So thus any pro rata credit would go on the following bill.

I'll send a PM though so we can investigate this together.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cm1989 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the bill shock. From what you've said, the generation of the bill was pre-the price change. So thus any pro rata credit would go on the following bill.

I'll send a PM though so we can investigate this together.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill