Menu
danjae
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

New contract offer not processed, full amount taken and disconnection still active

At this point I am very frustrated. I have spent hours and hours on hold, on the phone to agents etc trying to get this sorted and I am getting no where.

My contract was ending and I phoned retentions to see what I would be offered to stay, I wasn't interested in their offer so I gave my notice to cancel. I was then phoned by an agent from outbound retentions, they offered me a better deal which I accepted and I was assured it would be processed quickly and I wouldn't have to do anything more.

Well that was three weeks ago, it hasn't been processed, the full amount for the first month outside of my original offer has been taken, and my internet is due to be disconnected in a week.

I have spent hours on hold trying to get through to people, I have spent hours talking it through with people trying to get it resolved, I was told on Tuesday that a complaint had been raised and I'd be called within 72 hours by a manager, that hasn't happened. Prior to that I'd spent more than an hour on the phone to the inbound retentions trying to get it sorted, I was told I would be called back the next day once the agent had chased it and spoken to their manager, that didn't happen either.

The latest instalment was last night, I spent 45 mins on hold to get through to someone who insisted I'd have to speak to retentions to get it sorted, I told him I'd already tried that and wanted to know why I'd not been called within 72 hours as promised, he insisted again I'd need retentions and transferred me saying I'd have to wait only 4 or 5 min, I was on hold for another 45 min before being cut off.

No one seems to care, everyone seems to pass the buck, I've had direct lies from agents in attempts not to deal with this, the customer service is beyond awful, it shouldn't be this hard to sort out!

Virgin agents that work in this forum, please PM me ASAP, someone needs to take ownership of this issue and resolve it before my internet gets cut off.

0 Kudos
brendasuter
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contract offer not processed, full amount taken and disconnection still active

I have been trying to get an issue resolved for 3 Months, Spent many hours on the phone spoken to over 16 Representatives, have had no joy, They now sent me an email saying they will increase my bill on the 1st of March by £4.00 a month, They still haven't full filled their promise of what they offered. I have had a letter from Rachel Barras the Customer Service Director who promised they would be in touch with in days that was on the 15th January 30th today another 10 days, I have given up and filled a complaint with the Ombudsmen , The incompetence of this company is unbelievable. As soon as i can i am getting out of here. They have messed me around and have the audacity to charge me for phoning customer Service because the call went over an hour due to them putting me on hold.  

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contract offer not processed, full amount taken and disconnection still active

@danjae wrote:

At this point I am very frustrated. I have spent hours and hours on hold, on the phone to agents etc trying to get this sorted and I am getting no where.

My contract was ending and I phoned retentions to see what I would be offered to stay, I wasn't interested in their offer so I gave my notice to cancel. I was then phoned by an agent from outbound retentions, they offered me a better deal which I accepted and I was assured it would be processed quickly and I wouldn't have to do anything more.

Well that was three weeks ago, it hasn't been processed, the full amount for the first month outside of my original offer has been taken, and my internet is due to be disconnected in a week.

I have spent hours on hold trying to get through to people, I have spent hours talking it through with people trying to get it resolved, I was told on Tuesday that a complaint had been raised and I'd be called within 72 hours by a manager, that hasn't happened. Prior to that I'd spent more than an hour on the phone to the inbound retentions trying to get it sorted, I was told I would be called back the next day once the agent had chased it and spoken to their manager, that didn't happen either.

The latest instalment was last night, I spent 45 mins on hold to get through to someone who insisted I'd have to speak to retentions to get it sorted, I told him I'd already tried that and wanted to know why I'd not been called within 72 hours as promised, he insisted again I'd need retentions and transferred me saying I'd have to wait only 4 or 5 min, I was on hold for another 45 min before being cut off.

No one seems to care, everyone seems to pass the buck, I've had direct lies from agents in attempts not to deal with this, the customer service is beyond awful, it shouldn't be this hard to sort out!

Virgin agents that work in this forum, please PM me ASAP, someone needs to take ownership of this issue and resolve it before my internet gets cut off.

call backs rarely happen - you are talking to retentions that can be 2 different sets of people - offshore or the UK - you need to talk to the UK 

this usually works

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more 

if you get offshore ask to be transferred to the UK if they refuse hang up and try again - yes i know you may be on hold but trying to sort it via offshore will get you nowhere

8 in the morning is best - wait times are better - it might be 9 on sunday - you will have an uphill battle getting the outbound deal - it might be on the notes but 'normal' retentions usually cannot honour it

Tony
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@-tony-Virgin have now offshore'd retention's department too? 👹

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@JitteryPinger wrote:

@-tony-Virgin have now offshore'd retention's department too? 👹

not true - you certainly can get offshore if you follow the retentions prompts - not 100% sure how it splits up but it was that only the UK can handle those who want to give 30 days notice 

i know things change but i spoke to retentions in Swansea twice within the last 10 days or so

if its changed since then then happy to accept i am wrong

Tony
0 Kudos
brendasuter
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Watch out when dialing this no 0345 454 1111  if you go over the hour they will charge you. I can guarantee you will be holding for over an hour.

0 Kudos
brendasuter
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If your lucky you can get through to Swansea, Retentions but I still haven't had any luck with them so keep going round in circles.
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I worded that wrong.... DOH!

I meant, Have they offshore'd retention's? .....

I know they got Swansea, Glasgow and Stockton On Tee's, Sheffield too maybe.... I was in the stages of getting a job in SOT but issues relocating at the time.

I will never touch Virgin or LG again if they take that department overseas, actually, if they don't start bringing jobs home I'm going to avoid them in future.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@brendasuter wrote:

Watch out when dialing this no 0345 454 1111  if you go over the hour they will charge you. I can guarantee you will be holding for over an hour.

If your calling from your Virgin Phone line call 150,

0 Kudos
danjae
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- wrote:

call backs rarely happen - you are talking to retentions that can be 2 different sets of people - offshore or the UK - you need to talk to the UK 

this usually works

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more 

if you get offshore ask to be transferred to the UK if they refuse hang up and try again - yes i know you may be on hold but trying to sort it via offshore will get you nowhere

8 in the morning is best - wait times are better - it might be 9 on sunday - you will have an uphill battle getting the outbound deal - it might be on the notes but 'normal' retentions usually cannot honour it

I've spoken to offshore and UK based agents from retentions and what I assume is the more general customer service dept, but actually up until yesterday evening everyone I had spoken to was based in the UK, it was a UK based (Wales somewhere) agent from outbound retentions who made the original offer and didn't get it processed, it was a Glasgow based agent from inbound retentions who said they'd chase it / speak to their manager and call me back who didn't follow through, and it was also someone based in the North East who rasied the complaint and told me I'd be contacted within 72 hours and I haven't been.

I did however speak to someone offshore today who said they've organised a call back from outbound retentions marked as priority, I am not holding my breath though, I had been previously told this wasn't possible by inbound retentions when I tried to leave, although that may have been a sales tactic.

As you mention I had been told by inbound retentions they couldn't process what I was offered, which is ridiculous, if it's offered and agreed it should be honoured, you be certain if the roles were reversed I'd be made to honour something I agreed.

I'm hoping someone who works for Virgin will message me on here and resolve it, it really is some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced and to be honest I'm half tempted to run a mile now after this experience, I wanted to stay with Virgin because of their speeds, but seeing as I'm out of contract and they haven't processed my renewal, I could walk, and if this goes much longer I may do that out of principal.

Also I've not encountered an option for technical issues when selecting thinking of leaving us, not that I imagine it will make much of a difference at this point.

0 Kudos