cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract and crazy cancellation fees.

EmKaM
Joining in

Hello, 

I initially had a contract for 18months with VM with the M500 base package and the base price was £38 but through a welcome deal it was reduced to £26 a month for the whole 18months. This started in September 2022, however I moved out of the house in Jan/Feb and referred my move in date to September 2023. Now my account is active even though I didn't want it to be yet but thats my fault for not making them aware. However they have signed me up to a new contract for an extra 18 months until 2025 which I never agreed to. And the base package price they told me went up to £69 for the M500 and that my payments are now supposed to be £45 with the discount. Or so I understood. And also that My cancellation fee is no longer capped as it's a new contract but I never requested one or agreed to it. The person I spoke to was trying to be helpful but I don't think much difference will happen. He said his manager will have to sort out and deal with my new contract that is until 2025 the one that I didn't sign or agree to. And then just cancellation for the old one with the base price of £69 per month x 7 as the real contract was meant to end in March 2024. This seems crazy as the cancellation price cap should still apply as it was before 2023 that the contract was started. And also how can the price change from £26 a month to £45 after just one year of price increase at Virgin Media. something doesn't seem right. Would anyone have any advice on how to deal with this as I do not think it is fair that I am forced to pay £45 per month for broadband that I no longer require. 

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey EmKaM,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your account. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L