Menu
giggles73
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New contract agreed but not received new Broadband Router

I took out a new contract with Virgin Media but i am still awaiting my New Router?

Contacted the guy who sold me new contract but he is not answering his messages.

Can someone please have a look as when I ring Virgin Media I just go round in circles 

Thanks

Kerry

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contract agreed but not received new Broadband Router

What did you order and what router do you currently have?

Also have you checked your online account to see if contract is updated there.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
giggles73
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The view contract on the site shows the new price and end date.

I have a Hub 3 router but the guy said he would get me the new router which has just come out in January 2021 sent out to me.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

there is no new router in Jan 2021

unless you are on the gig1 package you'll keep your Hub3
0 Kudos
giggles73
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I dont know if he meant the new 360 box then but I have been missold a package and promised something which has not been fulflled. Called Virgin a guy said i will order you two new 360 Devices then after 1hr 5 minutes said he couldnt as system wouldnt allow it and i would need to go to technical team. 
So the phone call ended and i am not further forward.

Have sent a complaint to virgin media but am sure that wont get anywhere either.

Am gutted that I have been lied to get my Services back with them

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, giggles73,

Sorry to hear this has occurred. where you renewed your package did you receive email confirmation of new equipment? Apologies that you were advised it would need to go to the technical team, if you are not having a technical fault then they would not be able to help.

The new hub would only be issued if you are getting the 1GB service and the TV 360 boxes would only be issued to new customers, it would not be for contract renewals at this time.  As you have also mentioned a complaint I'll send you a PM to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
giggles73
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I cannot express how bad this service has become as I wait for a engineer today which was booked for me from the last guy on virgin however I have a feeling the appointment isn't booked as when I look on virgin app and account nothing is there.

Sick to death of being cut of internet, not allowing programs to work via shield, cutting online gaming off  or Virgin tv upstairs getting constant errors or not on network.

Here is another thing, I have Virgin App where you can scan you house for blackspots on network but how can you scan them when you cant get a Wi-Fi signal in that room cos the app doesn't work without the Wi-Fi being on lol. Madness

Anyhow Corey, I hope you can help with my constant ongoing issues. Its been like this for years but seems a lot worse now. Every time I have rang over the years its just unplug router, take leads out, blah blah. Wouldn't mind doing all that if I didn't work in IT myself and when you call Virgin these calls aren't quick and nothing gets resolved.

Fingers crossed your going to be the guy that sorts this out for me 

Thanks

Kerry

0 Kudos